Well it appears my stuff has been stolen

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
For the past few weeks I have been searching my garage, the attic of my garage, my house, and anywhere else I may have put it. A few weeks ago I went out to the garage and my stuff wasn't there and I thought it was stolen but thought "no way I must have put it somewhere else" I've searched and have come to realize that my detecting bag and 1 other bag of things of value are nowhere to be found. I'm not scraping by but the extra fun money I do have I put towards my family and my kids and for me i tend to search and search for bargains or barter/sell things to buy stuff for myself as to not feel like I'm taking from my kids so to say the least I'm frustrated. It took me a while to put together an ace 250 with rain cover, NEL storm coil, 5x7 garret coil, garret Camo bag, garret digger, garrett pin pointer, garret finds pouch, and my first silver a mercury dime. Lots of presents over the time from the family since I asked for one thing at a time for the smaller stuff.

So now that I've vented a little. What's the best place to look for a Deal new preferably used. I had plans of selling the ace stuff at some point in time to get an AT so I would love to look into one of those. Basically gathering info for sometime after christmas. Thanks for the vent and any help would be appreciated. God I'm beyond frustrated.

Upvote 0

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that. Check out any Pawn Shops in your area to see if they brought your equipment there.

OP
OP
F

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Yeah I'm going to. Problem is I live on a small community out in the middle of no where that is centered between about 4 crappy cities. From time to time we will have people come to our area to brska into cars and garages then go back so there are just so many possibilities since it could be from any of those cities.

OP
OP
F

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
I feel like may be where I got my bag from. I'll try to find him to reach out to him. Might make contact with him and let him know what I'm looking for so after the holidays if he has one come in to get ahold of me.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Couple years ago I had 2 CTX 3030s, 2 GPZ7000s, couple Pro Angler kayaks and some other stuff stolen. Got it all back, and even got 2 new Zeds because my two would not turn on and my insurance company did not have a certified Minelab tech look at the Zeds, that tech said they where toast and nothing could be done. Turns out both bats where empty and that one charger we kept in the boat house was bad. We never tried to charge the bats on another charger, just tried a fast function check and called insurance.

The crew who got us worked for a larger fence, some Dutch nationals that would holiday hit in Italy, those guys flipped on other fences, it was a pretty interesting chain reaction to watch unfold over about two weeks.

Make sure you report it to the police, I know I did. I even reported it to my local fishery in Italy. It was my fishery that caught them, that crew wanted to flip those yaks in Italy because they where to large to take out of country. Fools thought that a commercial fishery would be a safe place, only issue was that my family and I owned the only PA series yaks around and we where registered at the fishery.

So reach out to your police, but also the community. Make sure you if you reach out to anyone in the community that you provide a case number to them and the investigating officers number. Most folks are more prompt to report that stuff to police rather than contacting you directly.

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man i would love to catch the thieving little scumbags....i would seriously do some fu**ed up repugnant shi* to the little twa*s!!!!

Matt.

OP
OP
F

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
I'm pretty sure they stole the stuff a couple weeks before I put my security cameras up. Because it was right before that I first noticed it wasn't where I put it.

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
are ya sure the wife did'nt hide them ? just to keep ya home more ? hmmmmmm ? just sayin.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with odd job. Report it then contact your home owners insurance. Depending on your policy, they may replace the stuff.

CaptnJohn

Sep 4, 2018
SE NC & FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I hate a thief! Get retail prices on everything. Make sure there is no unrelated things missing as well. File a police report and contact your insurance company. Be certain the value is enough over your deductible to make it worth the claim as the claim stays with you 3 - 5 years if you want to change companies.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
File a police report, and try to eliminate the means how they got in. Then call your insurance company. Was there evidence of a break in?

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that. I agree . Police first then insurance co.

Eleven Cents

Nov 30, 2016
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't give up hope. A relative's car was stolen a few weeks ago in a tiny town in Montana... the kind of place where both cops know about that one stolen car. They just caught the thief driving it down the main street of the same town. Criminals are stupid! :laughing7:

cactusman

Nov 15, 2015
Western USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, AT Max, AT Pro, Ace 350, GTI-2500, Infinium LS, Scorpion Gold Stinger, Pro-Pointer AT, Fisher F75 LTD2, Gold Bug 2, F-Pulse, Whites 24K, TM-808, Schonstedt Maggie, Falcon MD 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry to hear that. It seems like a lot of "people" want something for nothing and take whatever they can. I never understood that -- to take from others who work hard for what they have... I don't see how anyone could look at something that they stole and enjoy it at all.

Like others have said, check with your homeowner's insurance and see if anything is covered. My wife and I are actually in the process of making sure are stuff is covered JIC. And while we've never had any problems, we're also buying a security camera setup, -- sign of the times I guess.

I guess this is also a reminder for everyone to make sure their stuff is covered by insurance, valuables locked up in addition, and remembering to write down the serial numbers of things that have them.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry to hear that. It seems like a lot of "people" want something for nothing and take whatever they can. I never understood that -- to take from others who work hard for what they have... I don't see how anyone could look at something that they stole and enjoy it at all.

Like others have said, check with your homeowner's insurance and see if anything is covered. My wife and I are actually in the process of making sure are stuff is covered JIC. And while we've never had any problems, we're also buying a security camera setup, -- sign of the times I guess.

I guess this is also a reminder for everyone to make sure their stuff is covered by insurance, valuables locked up in addition, and remembering to write down the serial numbers of things that have them.

Drug habits are expensive. I have a niece that stole from her own parents to support her drug habit.>:(

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear Im the same way with my Family I gave 2 pinpointers away just recently for free to tnetters I appreciate what you do and sacrifice I have some pin pointer holders I ll have to look if you post what you need Im sure tnet family would help or pm me if I have somthing you need its yours. Tommy I hate thieves

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recently I attended a firearms safety Seminar. The Sherriff and the D.A. both agreed that in small communities with very low crime, people tend to relax and set themselves up to become victims of theft. I know that I often walk away from my car without locking it up.

OP
OP
F

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
You mentioned firearm safety. I had the stuff in a garrett cameo bag and if I had to guess they probabaly thought it was a gun case without knowing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread