Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Rain proofing minelab?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Aug 2015
    Raleigh, NC
    NOX 800
    67 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Billy Mays would suggest flex-seal
    gcmsdan likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Texas Beach Hunter

May 2012
    Cypress,Tx
    Minelab CTX 3030 Stealth 720i sand scoop Buzz's The Bomb Sheath & Lesche Digger w/ T handle
    53 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    You know, reading this thread I have been getting an idea. I use a CTX 3030 now but in the past I used a whites PI Dual Field and I always loved the box and thick oring that sealed perfect every time. I never had to worry if I got it sealed up. Never got a drop of water in the housing. I am thinking since I am never absolutely sure I got the battery pack on the CTX seated just right so I put 3 ziploc bags around the battery pack and over the housing of the CTX and then use electrical tape. Now I am thinking that there must be someone out there that can create a mold to fit the entire battery housing that I can snap into place with an oring so it will enclose the entire back of the CTX- something with the same style as the whites pi df housing or like the waterproof boxes that the GoPro goes in. I will talk to my wife and brother in law, they own a thermoplastic fabrication company so I bet they can mold something. I am thinking maybe a ring type snap where it grabs the back part of the CTX. I will have to run this idea by some other people and see. Well, once I get the equinox 800 and the excal it will get a little easier
    Whites Surf PI Dual Field, Stealth 720i sand scoop, Garrett Pro pointer, Buzz's The Bomb Sheath, Lesche Digger with T handle

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Garrett Carrot/Piranha Relic Shovel
    5156 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gcmsdan View Post
    You know, reading this thread I have been getting an idea. I use a CTX 3030 now but in the past I used a whites PI Dual Field and I always loved the box and thick oring that sealed perfect every time. I never had to worry if I got it sealed up. Never got a drop of water in the housing. I am thinking since I am never absolutely sure I got the battery pack on the CTX seated just right so I put 3 ziploc bags around the battery pack and over the housing of the CTX and then use electrical tape. Now I am thinking that there must be someone out there that can create a mold to fit the entire battery housing that I can snap into place with an oring so it will enclose the entire back of the CTX- something with the same style as the whites pi df housing or like the waterproof boxes that the GoPro goes in. I will talk to my wife and brother in law, they own a thermoplastic fabrication company so I bet they can mold something. I am thinking maybe a ring type snap where it grabs the back part of the CTX. I will have to run this idea by some other people and see. Well, once I get the equinox 800 and the excal it will get a little easier
    It's too bad that ML made the flawed design decision to require removal of the battery on the CTX for charging such that you have to constantly make and break the waterproof seal subjecting it to wear and tear or the possibility of improper seating. Either Equinox or Excal are good compliments for water hunting. IMO, though, unless you plan on doing any diving/snorkeling type detecting beyond 3M, the Excal is redundant to the Equinox. Otherwise, yeah, that makes sense.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

us
    sprailroad

Jan 2017
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800.
    2566 times
    Also don't forget about your headphones IF you want to detect in the rain with your X-Terra. Your head gets wet too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links