Be careful digging!

HoboFett

Nov 29, 2018
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw Pro, Minelab GoFind 66, Harbor Freight 9 function metal detector.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doing a little metal detecting on Padre island and hit this just under the surface with my shovel. Glad I wasn't digging in the sand with my hands, or kicking the sand like I usually do! Be careful out there folks!

I have no idea how someone can live on the banks of paradise and trash it like this.

IMG_20181215_151223_Bokeh.jpg

Upvote 0

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
their are a bunch of stupid people out there and they don't care about anyone else

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That sad to see.

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its almost a daily occurrence if you hunt near Venice or Santa Monica. Disgusting!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've found them in local parks...very sad! :BangHead:

CaptnJohn

Sep 4, 2018
SE NC & FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Use your eyes as the needles will often penetrate gloves. Junkies are not known to be disease free either.

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scary stuff. I was detecting with a friend about 2 months ago and we counted 10 lying next to a fence in a public park. This is next to a kids soccer field. Like I said scary stuff. Stupid people who just don’t care.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
This is not always from Junkies; there is a Human Trafficking ship in Med that is currently stuck at port by court order for dumping 26 tons of medical waste into the ocean. Its one of Germanys ships that goes and picks up asylum seekers and brings them to Europe.

Seven years ago I never once found one of these on the beach, now they have signs up at resort beaches warning people, and if you go MDing on the beach then you are going to find a few.

OP
OP
H

HoboFett

Nov 29, 2018
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw Pro, Minelab GoFind 66, Harbor Freight 9 function metal detector.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is not always from Junkies; there is a Human Trafficking ship in Med that is currently stuck at port by court order for dumping 26 tons of medical waste into the ocean. Its one of Germanys ships that goes and picks up asylum seekers and brings them to Europe.

Seven years ago I never once found one of these on the beach, now they have signs up at resort beaches warning people, and if you go MDing on the beach then you are going to find a few.

That's very true. Things wash up on Padre island from Mexico all the time thanks to the gulf currents, and sometimes it's medical waste. But this spot was far enough back in the dunes that it most likely didn't come from Mexico.

I didn't mean to imply it was absolutely a junkie. Just that this particular location on the beach is a very, VERY popular party spot. Locals call it "the bowl". I've been to plenty of raves and bonfires there in my youth. Considering the party spot and how far back from the shore it is.... My hypothesis is junkie trash, but ya never know. Could be from a lazy diabetic. But no matter what it was used for, leaving it on the beach for a kid to step on is still infuriating.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
early 80s we found budles of weed in trash bags washed up on Padre.

Totally soaked dope with salt.

Made the news the following evening as well.

OP
OP
H

HoboFett

Nov 29, 2018
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
early 80s we found budles of weed in trash bags washed up on Padre.

Totally soaked dope with salt.

Made the news the following evening as well.

My marine biology teacher in high school told me a story similar. "I was beach combing and came across a 100 pound bundle of marijuana in big vacuum sealed bags. I immediately called the police and they came and collected the 90 pounds of weed."

I'll never forget that story. Hahaha.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
My marine biology teacher in high school told me a story similar. "I was beach combing and came across a 100 pound bundle of marijuana in big vacuum sealed bags. I immediately called the police and they came and collected the 90 pounds of weed."

I'll never forget that story. Hahaha.

This stuff was not vacu sealed, police did not seem to concerned either, the dope was ruined with salt and could not be soaked out, had a mate that tried several times. His frustration was so funny.

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
24FDA717-CD9B-48F3-8321-FA88B1819828.jpeg

Here’s a haul I got out of one of my hotel rooms recently, people just don’t care

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pot yep packed with sugar sealed and dragged under boats with weights easy to drop and pick up later if needed. Always be careful digging for sure.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunted NYC parks for many years. Even in upper class neighborhoods,, hypodermic needles were left for kids and adults to prick themselves with. Nasty people.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread