It’s official we’re treasur hunters

Ericl

Dec 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She (we) got her (our) first metal detector F44. Went to the park down the street, Did not have any way to dig just went to learn the machine. After 10 mins got this. If we hold on to it for 250 years it should a value of $10-$12.

4E75E067-A769-4B28-AB41-E7A520B29953.jpeg

Upvote 0

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Welcome to the hobby/addiction...did you dig with your fingers?...lol

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the hobby now you need to save up for a good pin pointer. GL & HH

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats to your wife and you on the first find. Do not loose it, this is where the memory began.

Value, I will tell you exactly how much it is worth. Its worth however big your love is in spending time with each other.

Give it time, lots of practice, two people and one machine, that means only person can be in charge of the settings, and that is whom ever is operating it. Seen this many times, new couple gets an MD, they spend more time adjusting and fighting over settings. Do not be that couple.

You two keep on coming back and showing us what you find.

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet from Niagara Falls. Congrats on your first find together.

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Congrats to your wife and you on the first find. Do not loose it, this is where the memory began.

Value, I will tell you exactly how much it is worth. Its worth however big your love is in spending time with each other.

Give it time, lots of practice, two people and one machine, that means only person can be in charge of the settings, and that is whom ever is operating it. Seen this many times, new couple gets an MD, they spend more time adjusting and fighting over settings. Do not be that couple.

I wish my other half had an inkling of interest in the hobby...

OP
OP
E

Ericl

Dec 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the hobby/addiction...did you dig with your fingers?...lol

Probably would have been better than my #4 Craftsman screwdriver. Nothing like trying to tear up a $10.00 tool to retrieve $00.01. Next time I’ll have a shovel.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the hobby! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
E

Ericl

Dec 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I agree on the value, as she is my best friend, we were fired up just that we found something. We found the penny at one of the nicest parks in the area only a mile from the house. About 200 people/ day on the weekends. It’s about a 45 min drive to the Texas Gulf Coast, 30 mins from the Sabine Pass battleground, 30 mins from where they discovered oil in Texas, 1 hour from the battle of San Jacinto. Should be some good places to hunt in the region. I do need to read up on what and where as I know I can’t hunt the battle grounds but I hear thre are private lands where fighting occurred as well.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree on the value, as she is my best friend, we were fired up just that we found something. We found the penny at one of the nicest parks in the area only a mile from the house. About 200 people/ day on the weekends. It’s about a 45 min drive to the Texas Gulf Coast, 30 mins from the Sabine Pass battleground, 30 mins from where they discovered oil in Texas, 1 hour from the battle of San Jacinto. Should be some good places to hunt in the region. I do need to read up on what and where as I know I can’t hunt the battle grounds but I hear thre are private lands where fighting occurred as well.

Hey mate, just on a side note, you may want to check in on the Texas forum. I know exactly where you are talking about, but having grown up there in Texas my self and been hunting since I was a kid I will say that back then police where far more kind to MDing in the wrong place.

So just ask around about the legal aspects in the Texas forum of certain places. You know how we get with our Texas history, especially Missions, police are not as kind these days towards not knowing the law but still breaking it. Last thing you want is to get in deep crap.

Another thing, I would suggest looking for an MD club in your area, but also on the other side in Louisiana. Texas is a great place to MD, tons of places to hunt, but many of the places are on massive ranches like ours or own by the city or state.

Louisiana, has all that, but you just need some local knowledge. My wife and I where stationed at Ft. Polk for a few years and hunted all over, great place to hunt, find some killer stuff, but what makes it more fun there is the people. Toledo Bend south of the dam on the Texas side at the public beach, great place, or down the river banks south of the dam was always really good.

Okdirtfisher64

Dec 22, 2018
Tulsa,Ok
Detector(s) used
F75+ fisher 11”,5” dd coils
F pulse pin pointer
Black widow headphones
Predator 31c raptor hand digger,
Whites mxt e-tracker stock 9” ,4x6,coil
Garrett AT Pro,ground shrark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done.
Get a coin folder and put that penny in it. Put the date and location of when and where it was found. Your "FIRST" recovered coin will be priceless to you guys in a few years.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations! That Penny Is Priceless...It's Your First of Hopefully Many Finds Together! Another Anniversary to Celebrate and An Easy Date To Remember Too!

Welcome!

Kace

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably would have been better than my #4 Craftsman screwdriver. Nothing like trying to tear up a $10.00 tool to retrieve $00.01. Next time I’ll have a shovel.

Welcome to Tnet! Glad to see you're excited about your new hobby. I would recommend that you don't bring a shovel to a park. It may give the wrong impression to those who may see you using it. Get a proper digging trowel and learn how to make recoveries using a 3 sided or "U" shaped trap door plug. We all want to keep our detecting sites open to detecting, so, we need to make neat and clean recoveries and keep a low profile. Any visual damage needs to be keep at an absolute minimum or places will be placed off limits to us in the future.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will be surprised at what you will find get a leshe digger and a pinpointer

A2coins

Gold Member