vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_metal_detector.gif
While waiting for member comments - you might browse Brands > Minelab. I found a few threads with others using the Minelab GO-FIND 66...

CladGrabber

Oct 10, 2013
Tulsa Ok
Detector(s) used
AT PRO...Equinox 800...garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recommend a Lesche Sampson T-handle shovel and a pinpointer.

Dannycoco

Jun 2, 2016
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I second that. The pinpointer makes recovery fairly quick and easy. And a good shovel doesn’t hurt.

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250, whites gold master 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any small shovel to start, a nail pouch to start, a cheap pinpointer like the gp pointer to start. If you plan on beach hunting get a long handled screen or hole type scoop- save your back, as for the hori hori- make sure the grip is comfy, i picked up a good cheap one off amazon. Once you decide you're in this for the long run go for the lesche, garret pro at pointer, etc..

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to Tnet from Goshen, CT - "the land of milk and honey"... and big a$$ bears!
I carry a Hori knife and I think, especially when asking permissions or hunting parks,etc. it is much less intimidating to the public than carrying a shovel. In many people's minds, shovels equal big holes andproperty damage.
Good luck and HH
dts

OP
OP
D

Dr.Banner

Greenie
Dec 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies folks!!! I did pick up a cheap pinpointer, a Hori knife, and I foldable trench shovel. Of course the Minelab came with headphones.

I guess I need a "find" bag? And probably a strap style canteen. Some of my medications cause dehydration, so I have to watch that.

I didn't know if there was something that nobody ever thinks to carry that isnt a necessity, but comes in handy.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I always carry a small, kitchen-sized towel to put extra dirt on. Makes it easier to put all the dirt you extract back into the hole.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I cut a 14" circle out of an old tractor inner-tube. I can put dirt on it when dry so can tip it back into the hole and I don't leave a spot on the grass that looks "dead", and when wet I can kneel on it.

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a sand bag to put the spoils on, even mud doesn't stick to it. Easy to dump back into hole. Knee pads or something soft to kneel on is a pain saver on the knees, especially for older guys.

haxor

Aug 23, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dollar store foam kneeling pad (garden section) I hate knee pads.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depending on the time of day and temp, and where you're hunting...... backpack with spare batteries, headphones, first aid kit, hat, sunscreen, hiking boots, snake guards, and bug spray.

nathan619

Aug 30, 2018
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This may sound wimpy but gloves. You will find glass and gloves helps reduces cuts.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TreasureNet from Southern California.
Cell phone with good working camera and gps.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Dr. Banner,

A Pin Pointer (Garrett is a quality brand among others), Digger (Raptor model 31C a bit pricey, but last "forever"), finds bag (Garrett is an inexpensive one).

Regards,

Doc

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
For coins, I like the draw string coin pouch, the larger sizes, to put those in. I also have a pouch for trash that has a zipper for the good stuff as well, but I like the coin pouch. Easy to drop a coin in and keep on going. I attach it to my belt loop.

I know some use fishing vests or any vest that has many pockets. Those are good too for carrying extra items, like water, a snack, etc.

Okdirtfisher64

Dec 22, 2018
Tulsa,Ok
Detector(s) used
F75+ fisher 11”,5” dd coils
F pulse pin pointer
Black widow headphones
Predator 31c raptor hand digger,
Whites mxt e-tracker stock 9” ,4x6,coil
Garrett AT Pro,ground shrark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I carry a few “golf tees” in case I’m on multiple targets in same proximity.

Hashler

Tenderfoot
Dec 29, 2018
Denham Springs
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the golf tee recommendation, just threw a handful in my bag. I am using a game bag with belt, it has two Smaller pouches on the side and the big pouch on the back. Any sporting good place should have them for $10

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread