woodcutter

Greenie
Dec 1, 2003
Brandon SD
Upvote 0

wayne

Mar 22, 2003
granger,wa.
woodcutter - i used a dfx for about three months and it worked pretty much like my 5900 di pro but i could pinpoint better with my 5900. experience made the difference i believe. i like the idea behind the mxt - three machines in one. if i had one i would practice real hard to learn how to pin point it - no mater what (if any) quirks it had. i envy you for having the machine. i may get one a little later. wayne

Chiz

Mar 26, 2003
New Jersey....
On the beach I use coin mode, very little Discrimination (dual control), as much gain as I can before the signal starts to waiver, threshold to a slight hum. Make sure you have good headphones dig the slightest sinal. Good luck!!! Any other questions shoot me an email....

8)

Shedman

Dec 31, 2003
Try these setting m8.

Mode - Relic
Threshold - barely audible
Discrim - 1 (you dont need discrimination with these settings but if set to 0 it will go into a default mode)
Ground - as necessary
Sensitivity - as high as you can without the machine "falsing"
Trigger - forward

Turn the machine on and "pump" it between 2"-6" above the ground. turn the sensitivity up a little and do the same again. Keep doing this untill the threshold noise becomes a bit unstable, then back the sensitivity off to the last stable setting. Thats it, ready to go!! Any iron signal will give a low tone and non-ferrous will give a high tone, thats why you dont need discrimination, the machine will do it audibly.

The pinpointing is easy. Move the head away from the target and then pull the trigger up. As you move the search head back over the signal, the loudest noise will be when the hole in the middle is over the target. Remember to put the trigger forward when your back to searching again!!

Best of luck

Try here for some top tips http://whitesowners-uk.com/phpBB2/index.php

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread