Interesting read the Father inventor of the Metal Detector

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
thanx for the fun read. I wish it had gone into more detail about what the detector was capable of. I suspect it would only get large objects (soda-can sized and larger). Because that was all that Fishers early machines could do, and all that the WWII mine detectors could do. It wasn't till the 1950s that machines were sensitive enough to get an individual coin . And even then-so, a bear to keep balanced, didn't work in minerals, blah blah. Fun read ! Thanx.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanx for the fun read. I wish it had gone into more detail about what the detector was capable of. I suspect it would only get large objects (soda-can sized and larger). Because that was all that Fishers early machines could do, and all that the WWII mine detectors could do. It wasn't till the 1950s that machines were sensitive enough to get an individual coin . And even then-so, a bear to keep balanced, didn't work in minerals, blah blah. Fun read ! Thanx.

It said it would max out at 8 feet I believe

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread