Kelly Co

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Just wondering if anyone has purchased a metal detector from Kelly Co using there payment plan financing option. Just seen that they offer this. For detectors costing in the thousands I can see this being a great option instead laying down all that cash at once. I’m looking into a TDI bh so just looking to see if anyone on herehas financed a detector from here b4.

Upvote 0

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
EQ800 (Stock Coil), Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have not financed one through them specifically but I have through another company using Community Finance. It's one of those processes where you must be ready to give them whatever they ask for(Paystubs, bank account history last 30 days, driver's license). Pretty standard stuff. You are right, it can make the difference in being able to get what you want based on what you can pay for out of pocket. Affirm is not much different. Best of Luck!

OP
OP
Irishgoldhound

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
I have not financed one through them specifically but I have through another company using Community Finance. It's one of those processes where you must be ready to give them whatever they ask for(Paystubs, bank account history last 30 days, driver's license). Pretty standard stuff. You are right, it can make the difference in being able to get what you want based on what you can pay for out of pocket. Affirm is not much different. Best of Luck!

Thanks very much!

Junkironkid

Mar 23, 2012
MS
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got mine through Kellyco using Community Finance. Pretty much what ROBNC said. If you have a checking account debit card you should be OK.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The world of detecting is very big so take a little time and look for other vendors and what they have to offer. Good luck on your new adventure.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
PayPal is a great way to get 6 months for a purchase. If paid off by the 6th month it’s interest free.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Would you consider a used machine, many are for sale on various sites. I have purchased many used machines and have been pleased with each transaction. Just a thought.

OP
OP
Irishgoldhound

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Would you consider a used machine, many are for sale on various sites. I have purchased many used machines and have been pleased with each transaction. Just a thought.

I would yes if the right detector came up. I kinda got my eye on the new TDI BH right now though

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out PayPal buyer credit. It IS a credit application, but you can do it online in seconds. Or with me, it took minutes.

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
EQ800 (Stock Coil), Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Splitit is another way to pay, however I'm not sure if any detector companies use it. Instead of "financing" it bills your credit card on a monthly basis to help you pay with payments instead of a lump sum.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Debt is dumb, cash is king

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Debt is dumb, cash is king

Well, I got my pilot out of bed last night around 2 a.m. and asked him to fuel up my Cessna. Then around
4 a.m.,, my driver pulled up with the Limo, and drove me to the airport. My private jet was on the tarmac and 2 1/2 hours later, we were in Florida. Another short hour private car service ride and we entered KellyCo's showroom. Within a half hour, I was the proud owner of a Bounty Hunter. Put it on my Visa Gold credit card. Only 25% interest. We got back to the airport and then home. Boy was I pleasantly surprised to find a $5 off coupon inside my BH box. Good towards my next purchase at KellyCo. Also, I almost peed myself when I opened the bonus surprise envelope containing a Genuine Authentic Replica of a Spanish Doubloon.
Thank you so much KellyCo!!

Last edited:

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I got my pilot out of bed last night around 2 a.m. and asked him to fuel up my Cessna. Then around
4 a.m.,, my driver pulled up with the Limo, and drove me to the airport. My private jet was on the tarmac and 2 1/2 hours later, we were in Florida. Another short hour private car service ride and we entered KellyCo's showroom. Within a half hour, I was the proud owner of a Bounty Hunter. Put it on my Visa Gold credit card. Only 25% interest. We got back to the airport and then home. Boy was I pleasantly surprised to find a $5 off coupon inside my BH box. Good towards my next purchase at KellyCo. Also, I almost peed myself when I opened the bonus surprise envelope containing a Genuine Authentic Replica of a Spanish Doubloon.
Thank you so much KellyCo!!

I did about the same thing as you but the fake Doubloon that I received with my Bounty Hunter from them could not be found with the new Bounty Hunter when I buried it in my test garden 3 inches deep. ???

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
I did about the same thing as you but the fake Doubloon that I received with my Bounty Hunter from them could not be found with the new Bounty Hunter when I buried it in my test garden 3 inches deep. ???

Maybe the Bounty Hunter was fake and the Doubloon is real. Remember where you buried it?

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked at kellyco financing you will pay almost 4 times the price of the detector by the time you pay it off

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked at kellyco financing you will pay almost 4 times the price of the detector by the time you pay it off

It isn't Kellyco financing, it is the company Affirm's financing, they are a finance company, that is who the loan is through, not Kellyco. Interest rates depend on your credit rating and vary between 10-30%, average loan is 18%. If you have poor credit rating then you will pay more for the loan, if you have good credit rating you pay less. Per reviews from Nerdwallet the average rate is 18%

Straight From Affirm website:
----------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
Make easy monthly payments over 3, 6, or 12 months

$79.08/mo. based on a purchase price of $899.00 at 10% APR for 12 months. Rates from 10–30% APR.
https://www.affirm.com/

----------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------

From a review from Nerdwallet

Loan example: Affirm says the average customer takes a $750 loan and pays it back in nine months at an annual percentage rate of 18%. That translates into a monthly payment of $90 and a total payment of $807.

https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/loans/affirm-personal-loan-review/

Junkironkid

Mar 23, 2012
MS
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don’t want to go the financing route. Save some money up and buy used or new. Tnet always has some nice used detectors. When you are ready to purchase a used one from here. Ask around at some of the transactions that we're made here. Just so you know who you’re dealing with. Lots of good and honest folks on this forum. G/L

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread