Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree35Likes
  • 5 Post By 49er12
  • 9 Post By G.A.P.metal
  • 3 Post By cooper1841
  • 1 Post By HighVDI

Thread: Metal detecting is much more than a hobby

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Observer

Aug 2013
    Wastelands
    Whites DFX
    164 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Metal detecting is much more than a hobby

You no the more I think about it, I think they should offer a class in school, u might say what, here’s why. First of all schools lack teaching local history unbelievable, they try to teach about the world but not local. So many people all occupied up in fast paced life’s they r unfortunately missing out on true history right before you. Gee I could go on but this can be used for a education experience, be open minded but our society is not focused on there surroundings with so much to offer, I’m sure you would agree. It almost bothers me to some degree, oh well they lose I guess
    Last edited by 49er12; Jan 07, 2019 at 10:25 AM.

Charter Member
    us
    Chronic Patriot/Metal Detecting,it`s My Lifestyle !

Jul 2010
    "Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territory of The Six Nations 1779.. now in Catlin N.Y.
    Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer Tesoro Tejon, Land or Sea Pointer, Garrett Pointer, King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA Lesche 28" Ground Shark Treasure Wise Diggers
    5360 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    It became my "Lifestyle" over 49 years ago to hunt the Sullivan Trail... Gen. Sullivan's 1779 Campaign Against the Iroqouis
    My vehicle,cloths,boots,tools,and thoughts all evolve around the history of my area and how to find it .
    City boy when i was younger,but now my home is way out in the country made friends with all the land owners to find to older spots.
    I only have one passion and this is it !
    Gary
    I`v been detecting for 49 years owned my own detector shop G.A.P. Metal Detectors here in N.Y.
    See my old adds in Western & Eastern Treasures and Lost Treasure Magazines through the 90s
    I hunt the Sullivan Trail here in N.Y.
    "Success is just Rented, Never Owned and the Rent is due Daily"
    "Its the Golden Rule who ever has the Gold Rules"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqdSl2jFjlE

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2012
    S.E. Michigan.
    Minelab CTX 3030.... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
    2183 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by G.A.P.metal View Post
    It became my "Lifestyle" over 49 years ago to hunt the Sullivan Trail... Gen. Sullivan's 1779 Campaign Against the Iroqouis
    My vehicle,cloths,boots,tools,and thoughts all evolve around the history of my area and how to find it .
    City boy when i was younger,but now my home is way out in the country made friends with all the land owners to find to older spots.
    I only have one passion and this is it !
    Gary
    Thanks for the link Gary. Great read, I had no idea, I love a good history lesson!
    G.A.P.metal, A2coins and Hawks88 like this.
    1844 Canadian Half Cent ... (2) 1859 Canadian Large Cent... 1873 Three Cent Nickle... 2- 1864 U.S. 2 Cent Piece... 1858 Seated Half Dime... 1875 Seated Half Dollar... 1863 Fatty IH ... Civil War Eagle I button ... Frisbie's Civil War Store Token

Feb 2017
    Pa
    EQ 800 & 600, Fisher F75 +, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Conquistador, Bounty hunter Tracker iv
    3559 times
    Metal Detecting
    When I learned about what formed after a meeting on Jekyll island a little over a hundred years ago is when I realized history is truly His-story. I never learned about central banks or how the medical industry was formed in school. Just mentioning a couple very important subjects "they" forgot to include......strange.
    RustyGold likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    28791 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Posts deleted, if any members want to discuss politics join as a charter member and do it on our politics forum.

NO POLITICS IN ANY FORUM EXCEPT OUR POLITICS FORUM!
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Jan 09, 2019 at 05:34 PM.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links