Metal detecting is much more than a hobby

Status
Not open for further replies.

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price donā€™t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You no the more I think about it, I think they should offer a class in school, u might say what, hereā€™s why. First of all schools lack teaching local history unbelievable, they try to teach about the world but not local. So many people all occupied up in fast paced lifeā€™s they r unfortunately missing out on true history right before you. Gee I could go on but this can be used for a education experience, be open minded but our society is not focused on there surroundings with so much to offer, Iā€™m sure you would agree. It almost bothers me to some degree, oh well they lose I guess

Last edited:
Upvote 0

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It became my "Lifestyle" over 49 years ago to hunt the Sullivan Trail... Gen. Sullivan's 1779 Campaign Against the Iroqouis
My vehicle,cloths,boots,tools,and thoughts all evolve around the history of my area and how to find it .
City boy when i was younger,but now my home is way out in the country made friends with all the land owners to find to older spots.
I only have one passion and this is it !
Gary

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It became my "Lifestyle" over 49 years ago to hunt the Sullivan Trail... Gen. Sullivan's 1779 Campaign Against the Iroqouis
My vehicle,cloths,boots,tools,and thoughts all evolve around the history of my area and how to find it .
City boy when i was younger,but now my home is way out in the country made friends with all the land owners to find to older spots.
I only have one passion and this is it !
Gary

Thanks for the link Gary. Great read, I had no idea, I love a good history lesson!

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I learned about what formed after a meeting on Jekyll island a little over a hundred years ago is when I realized history is truly His-story. I never learned about central banks or how the medical industry was formed in school. Just mentioning a couple very important subjects "they" forgot to include......strange.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Posts deleted, if any members want to discuss politics join as a charter member and do it on our politics forum.

NO POLITICS IN ANY FORUM EXCEPT OUR POLITICS FORUM!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions