Old Farm

Crusty Shellback

Jul 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out yesterday for the first hunt of 2019. Luckily the ground isn't yet too frozen here in Southern New England! Hunting an old farm dating back to the late 1600's! Went looking around the area where the old farmhouse once was trying to find a bottle dump. The ground was full of trash iron. Dug up a bunch of old square head type nails and came across a couple of interesting looking animal skulls. The larger one looks like some kind of alien! haha Didn't find a dump or any coins but had a great time just the same. 2019-01-08 001.JPG 2019-01-08 002.JPG

Upvote 0

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Got out yesterday for the first hunt of 2019. Luckily the ground isn't yet too frozen here in Southern New England! Hunting an old farm dating back to the late 1600's! Went looking around the area where the old farmhouse once was trying to find a bottle dump. The ground was full of trash iron. Dug up a bunch of old square head type nails and came across a couple of interesting looking animal skulls. The larger one looks like some kind of alien! haha Didn't find a dump or any coins but had a great time just the same. View attachment 1668989 View attachment 1668990

First thing I thought of..

predator.jpg

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is creeeeeeepy

OP
OP
C

Crusty Shellback

Jul 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really? Makes sense being found on an old farm but not what I imagined a cow skull to look like.

OP
OP
C

Crusty Shellback

Jul 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's more what I imagined a cow skull might look like! I guess mine may be a part of one but I can't see the resemblance.

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One on the left looks like a fox skull. One on the right looks like a vertebra from a cow or other large animal. Obviously not a skull.

OP
OP
C

Crusty Shellback

Jul 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a skull? Ok that would explain why I cant find any similar looking skulls online.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you will notice that the front portion of the skull, (in front of the two stubby horns) is missing. Check out Pa Plateau Hiker's photo of the steer. If you cut off the skull between the horns and the eye sockets, you will get the results of what your (Crusty Shellback) actual skull is. :dontknow:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'm thinking a hog.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions