Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Sandancer
  • 1 Post By smokeythecat
  • 1 Post By cudamark
  • 2 Post By Sandancer

Thread: Just to make it simple

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jul 2014
    87 times

Just to make it simple

For those looking for the best all around mid range detector, here is some help. The At Pro can't be beat, unless of course you detect salt beaches. The AT Pro can't do that from a practical standpoint. On the other hand the Minelab Equinox can. It is essentially an AT Pro that can handle the salt very well. So if you live in the middle of the country and never detect salt beaches, save some money and find an AT Pro at a bargain. You won't be disappointed. If you need wet salt sand or salt water capability, buy a Nox you will get the best of both worlds but at about twice the cost. Just my opinion.
    xr7ator likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    15601 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (6)
    Wise words. The AT Max is also a good, competitive machine as is the Fisher F-75 and a couple of the White's machines. My old Tesoro Vaquero would kick it even in trashy areas, but Tesoro is having technical difficulties, if you would. I have a digging partner with an AT Pro and he can whoop most folks real good with it. You are correct with the salt water, but even my Tesoro Cibola does good in salt water, however, I generally don't go in the water anymore.
    xr7ator likes this.

us
    Sep 2012
    D'Iberville MS
    E-Trac Equinox 800 Equinox 600
    785 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    They the Equinox 800 or Equinox 600 both beat the heck out of the At Pro and you can hunt salt beaches

I don't detect for the stuff I find, I detect for the stuff I haven't found.

If I didn't find it I hope you did.

us
    Tom

Jul 2012
    Mesa AZ
    Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Anfibio Multi, Makro Multi Kruzer, Racer 2, White's DFX,
    208 times
    "On the other hand the Minelab Equinox can. It is essentially an AT Pro that can handle the salt". Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha. ROTFLMAO. They're not even close.
    Last edited by Tom Slick; Jan 10, 2019 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Grammer
    43 Years detecting
    ex White's Dealer
    Current Arsenal: Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Anfibio, Makro Multi Kruzer, Racer 2, White's DFX w/BigFoot x 3

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    6007 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    For the slight difference in price, The Equinox is a much better deal. There's a reason that Garrett has discounted the AT series and/or added incentives to buy one.....they couldn't compete at the same price as the Equinox because the Nox beats the AT in just about every other aspect.
    ripvanb likes this.
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

Jul 2014
    87 times
    If you do not need wet salt capability, the Pro is indeed a good option. A used one can be had for half the price of a Nox, the battery system is simple and reliable, headphone options are cheap and numerous, coil choices vary and are amazingly adaptable, pin pointing is super accurate, iron audio is exceptional, its ability to separate signals especially with a small coil is impressive, its ability to hit on the smallest targets is exceptional, and with eight modes and numerous sensitivity adjustments its15 MHz frequency is extremely versatile.
    xr7ator and SeekerProB like this.

us
    Sep 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro
    1881 times
    Anyone know where I can get a Equinox800 for around $500? I'll even pay $600!
    Great deal on the at pro is around $350.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links