Found this Solid Gold Pocket Watch after my son got me out in the fields again! LOL

kasperslight

Jan 11, 2017
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's VX3/2D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My son (Crabstang44) has been pushing me lately to get my Can out in the Fields and Metal Detect with him so yesterday I had to "show him up"!
We had been searching some old home sites from probably the 1800's and all I had been getting hits on was trash! I found a place that I presumed was the back 40 area behind where the old house had been and there was still plenty of junk when I suddenly had a jolting hit that showed multiple digits across the scale on my White's VX3/2D....I immediately knew it was telling me possible junk but also possible quality metal! I dug out a plug about 8" deep and out fell this glob of clay and soil about 3"x1" and as I rubbed away some of the gook I suddenly saw the shine of yellow gold enhanced by the afternoon sun! Shortly thereafter, I realized I had found what was left of a very old Pocket Watch!
After we got home...my son cleaned it and tested the gold to be 10K Solid Gold....In all the excitement out in the Field I neglected to search for other Gold Parts (Back Plate, Winding Knob, Chain Ring & Chain) so this afternoon we have a date to go back to that area and dig some more!

Attachments

• IMG_2767[1].JPG
    IMG_2767[1].JPG
    74 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_2766[1].JPG
    IMG_2766[1].JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_2765[1].JPG
    IMG_2765[1].JPG
    76 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_2764[1].JPG
    IMG_2764[1].JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 119
Upvote 0

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
OOOOOOhhhhhhh YYYYYEEEEAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Congratulations on a bucket lister!

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Score....!
Good job, that has to be one of my bucket-Lister, too...!
Welcome to Tnet!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread