Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: Regrets

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jan 2019
    Ohio
    WHITES MX SPORT
    49 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I always ask the owner of the property, this past summer I found a beautiful child's ring made of silver, hand made in the shape of a rose.
    The initial's inside where from his ancestor from the late 1890's. He looked at it and told me who he thought its was, and said enjoy your find.
    So my advise is let the owner of the jewelry decide. If he had wanted it, I would have been disappointed, but also would have understood and would have had no bad feelings!
    Kace, RustyGold, SD51 and 1 others like this.

us
    Feb 2014
    Ohio and Florida
    CTX3030 w 11" and 17" Butterfly coils, Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil Vibra-Tector 730 w 4" coil Whites (1970s)
    1129 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I find lots of Cremation tags along the west coast of Florida. I always return them to the Gulf, where they belong with the remains/ashes.
    RustyGold, Bryan1776, Kace and 3 others like this.
    Metal Detecting Goal in Life is to Find Wife a 2ct Diamond Ring (so she'll be quiet about all my metal detecting).

Charter Member
    us
    Randy

Feb 2015
    Fullerton CA
    Minelab CTX 3030 AT Pro
    4880 times
    What is found by you lost by another is yours to keep id you wish. Karma kicks in when there is an obvious trail to whom may own it. Either way you have no obligation to return anything you find. Unless of course the government feels they own it. Then just keep your mouth shut
    Hillbilly Prince likes this.
    Anything That Comes Out of The Dirt Is Awesome!

Best find 1941 Patek Philippe 2 register flat pusher Chronograph Bought 1,000 Sold 62,000 !!
    First Year 911 Porsche Purchased 36K SOLD 140K!!! Whoo Hoo

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2015
    NC
    Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre, Nokta Pin pointer.
    3442 times
    The only regret i have is selling the rings i found back in the 80s. I would love to have returned them. But, back then it was pretty much impossible to find the owner of rings and i was a kid who had no clue so, i took the money and kept on truckin.
    Kace, SD51 and Hillbilly Prince like this.
    Dig till you drop!

us
    Dec 2017
    pennsylvania
    garret ace 200
    92 times
    years go I was detecting an old abandoned stone quarry , didn't find much at all just plenty of snakes...I came across what must have been the office building which was in real bad shape but I had to go inside to check things out . inside was an old metal desk. I opened the drawers and found a small bible with a name inside and an address...took some time to find the lady who owned the bible but I did find her ..she was at the time in her early 90's and was shocked that I had found the bible she had as a kid, she misplaced it and never could find it...found out her grand parents owned the stone quarry way back when and they often took her there to watch the "big machines "work...anyway it was a good feeling just to she how happy she was to get the bible back, made my day

us
    Kace

Aug 2017
    MOx2--KS
    Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones, Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones, Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe. GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
    3512 times
    Metal Detecting, Relic and Artifact Hunting, Prohibition Era and Civil War Era Cache Hunting.
    Quote Originally Posted by searching 4 View Post
    years go I was detecting an old abandoned stone quarry , didn't find much at all just plenty of snakes...I came across what must have been the office building which was in real bad shape but I had to go inside to check things out . inside was an old metal desk. I opened the drawers and found a small bible with a name inside and an address...took some time to find the lady who owned the bible but I did find her ..she was at the time in her early 90's and was shocked that I had found the bible she had as a kid, she misplaced it and never could find it...found out her grand parents owned the stone quarry way back when and they often took her there to watch the "big machines "work...anyway it was a good feeling just to she how happy she was to get the bible back, made my day
    Great Story and Great Return...I bet that meant the world to her.

Kace

Dec 2012
    MXT-PRO Sandshark
    11652 times
    Metal Detecting
    My only gold was a menís wedding ring at myrtle beach. Only thing I could think of was posting it on Craigslist
    I would return anything of value if I found the owner
    If not, itís my retirement money

Ps my raiding of bigwavedave 401k is his problem
    Kace, SD51 and Hillbilly Prince like this.
    if youíre lost and alone, or youíre sinking like a stone/ carry on (fun)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links