Need some Advice

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who can resist the Titan 9000's features like "Sniff-Mode, Blanker Mode, and the Zilog Hyper-Fast Computer"? LMAO!!!

Honestly I know Fisher makes a good machine and know nothing about Titan, so I can't say which is better.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
to see which one is better as to refresh/recovery rate, take 2 coins and put them about 6 inches apart on the ground. sweep each machine over them using your normal sweep speed. Do both hit on both coins? I had a friend over a few weeks ago, he has an older Bounty hunter Land Ranger. It took almost 3 ft to reset so once you hit on a target it took almost 3 feet of sweep time before it could detect the next target. That machine takes a real slow sweep speed to be effective, otherwise you are going to miss many targets. I like a fast sweep speed which is conducive with the F75LTD, but may not be so good with the Titan, I am sure the F22 will hit on both coins at 6" apart or closer, let me know how your titan does.

watch this video starting at 16:33 mark to get an understanding as to what I am asking you to do.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=AwrDQym7EDlc.A8AqO77w8QF;_ylu=X3oDMTBncGdyMzQ0BHNlYwNzZWFyY2gEdnRpZAM-;_ylc=X1MDOTY3ODEzMDcEX3IDMgRhY3RuA2NsawRiY2sDZmYxbjV1MWRiODNmaCUyNmIlM0QzJTI2cyUzRDBzBGNzcmNwdmlkA2NzOThEekV3TGpIM2h1WHdXclFOOGJjc01qQTRMZ0FBQUFDX2paNUUEZnIDeWZwLXQEZnIyA3NhLWdwBGdwcmlkAzFQSmNOa2IwUnltRGhqUERCSEMxekEEbXRlc3RpZANudWxsBG5fcnNsdAMzNwRuX3N1Z2cDNQRvcmlnaW4DdmlkZW8uc2VhcmNoLnlhaG9vLmNvbQRwb3MDMARwcXN0cgMEcHFzdHJsAwRxc3RybAMyNQRxdWVyeQNUaXRhbiA5MDAwIG1ldGFsIGRldGVjdG9yBHRfc3RtcAMxNTQ3MjQzNzIzBHZ0ZXN0aWQDbnVsbA--?gprid=1PJcNkb0RymDhjPDBHC1zA&pvid=cs98DzEwLjH3huXwWrQN8bcsMjA4LgAAAAC_jZ5E&p=Titan+9000+metal+detector&ei=UTF-8&fr2=p%3As%2Cv%3Av%2Cm%3Asa&fr=yfp-t#id=2&vid=dc6a392e3a8a26fb220d0d91b2b43fa6&action=view

Last edited:

nwpa

Jul 6, 2017
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
T2 classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tested a F22 and it was pretty decent, it picked up the copper core out of an old spark plug my other machine said was iron that I passed over.
Only problem I had with it was the membrane pin point button stopped working.

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My girlfriend was using a Fisher F2 and she found a lot of things with it and to me it was a really nice detector for the money. Only problem with it was you couldn't be within 500 yards of a cell phone tower or it'd go nuts.

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't speak for the Titan but I own the F22 and have several hundred hours on it and its a good machine for the money. Doesn't have the depth and separation of a >400 dollar machine but it will find you plenty of coins. It's actually my favorite tot-lot hunter. Pinpointing on my unit is worthless but using the wiggle method works fine.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to hear about your pinpoint button. I still find myself pinpointing the old fashioned way, Swing in an X pattern over the target. How long have you had the F22? Is it still under warranty? I'd contact Fisher, if it's under warranty.

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about your pinpoint button. I still find myself pinpointing the old fashioned way, Swing in an X pattern over the target. How long have you had the F22? Is it still under warranty? I'd contact Fisher, if it's under warranty.

I've had the F22 since it came out maybe 4 years? I sent my 1st F22 back because it went nuts after the 1st week and then the 2nd the pinpoint button didn't last 1 month I used it for a year. Then bought a used Vaquero and sold it for what I bought it for and got the NOX 600. The F22 has been collecting dust the last 2 years. I didn't use the pinpoint anyway so I never bothered to send it back and I wouldn't feel right selling it so.. its my backup now.

Little off topic but I haven't personally experienced the depth with the NOX that the Vaquero had(mine was crazy deep and the unmasking is amazing) and I really like the Fisher tones and VDI range, so I would consider parting with the NOX for an F75 LTD if I thought I could about break even. The Nox is really good at separation though and I don't even have the small coil yet..

nwpa

Jul 6, 2017
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
T2 classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Had it about a week bought it for my wife to use, I returned it and picked her up a AT Pro.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I use the "DD wiggle" to pin point, really fast and accurate! Then use the pin pointer to locate the target in the plug.

Good Luck with you machine and enjoy the hobby.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread