Carlitosway2

Apr 11, 2016
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
(Favorite) CTX 3030
(Back up) whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From junk pile to display after more than 3 years.
The first one found which looks to be a brooch of some sort, a little crusty on back and was in a spot that I commonly dig costume jewelry and a few modern silver rings so not thinking much of it at the time cause of the crust thinking it’s plated I put in my trash pocket and sorted it when I got home and placed in my junk jewelry bin, leaving it caked with mud and never looked at it again for more than 2 years.
Years later I decided to dig a few quick hole’s on my way home from work digging low vdi #’s looking for buttons when I get a shallow hit in a rocky area “like the end trails of farm plowing” when I pull out what I again thought was costume jewelry till I rubbed the back and it had that distinct clean gold look I see on YouTube videos of finds.
At a closer look at it I see it was engraved with a name & date Oct 1 1825. I was so excited to finally have found my first gold and being personalized was even more impressive to me so I placed it in my top finds display box.
A little more than a year later I go threw my bags of common buttons too lightly clean looking for markings when I see under a pile of junk metal those unique little black stones and finally it clicked. I quickly gave it a gentle rince to get mud off and see it had an almost identical pattern to engraved charm.
This to me is one of my most unique finds in 8 years of detecting and it’s seems a bit far fetched but it is honestly %100 true. These two pieces were found 2+ years apart in same field about 300yards away from each other. They both tested positive as being gold and are now being displayed together as I would like to believe it was a set at one time and now many years later together again. D76291D2-1A1A-4171-9BA0-A097204B37AC.jpeg D405AE9F-C874-48A5-8BAF-82B1DBA9A17E.jpeg 2663FC20-53C6-4900-9FFC-F18AE1F3A8D1.jpeg 98912D66-F783-46A8-9541-9C521EE6610E.jpeg

Upvote 0

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
WOW cool finds. Last year while detecting a well traveled west coast Florida beach I found a silver engagement ring guard. About a month later I found the silver engagement ring with clear stone and it fit perfectly in the guard. Sometimes fate brings distant pieces back together, where they belong.

Wedding ring and guard.jpg

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great story, thank you for sharing!

They are very nice pieces, congrats! :occasion14:

JayKillebrew

Feb 7, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you plan to detect for coins, relics or jewelry, then it is time for you to switch your imagination – think of any spot where people are probably going to have abandoned things and you will have great finds! Likewise, remember the spots directly under your feet. No one can tell what you may delve up even in your backyard even.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread