Nov 22, 2018
West Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq
Tesoro Mojave
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a month and a half of no metal detecting cuz of working late hours, I finally was changed back to dayshift....:hello2: Just hunted for an hr with my new XP Deus, Disc at 60 Sen 85, just below the Nickel and found nothing but trash, no coins, but my gold is waiting for me soon, I can feel it.
20190114_161504.jpg

20190114_161513.jpg

Upvote 0

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope you find your gold. Honestly, it took me 19 months before I dug my 1st gold, and after 5 years in the hobby my total gold items is 6. You might want to decrease your discrimination, maybe to zero and then set your iron volume to zero. I've pulled gold ringing in as foil, it was a 10K wedding band. I only dig solid target ID mid tones or those that only vary by a digit either way.

GL&HH

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
I’ve been doing this for over 10 yrs. My first gold was the best feeling ever. I bought an Ace 250 and the first time out at the beach i found a 14k wedding band ankle deep in the shore line. Then i was hooked for life! I’ve found many gold rings over the yrs and everyone is just as surprising as the first one I found and I still get that same feeling all over again. Set ring goals for yourself. I actually find more rings when I tell myself what I want to find b4 I get to the beach or park. I tell myself I want to find 3 gold rings today and I describe each one out loud what they will look like. Most times I will end up with a gold ring when I do this. I used to drive all the way to the beach with the attitude “I probably won’t find anything”. I should’ve stayed home...and I never would find anything. Now every time I go out, I tell myself Their is something there I just have to find it and it’s been a game changer thinking this way. The gold is already yours, you just haven’t found where it’s hiding yet. Lol. Go get it. Lol.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With that many tabs........theres got to be a drunken drop !! Its there, you'll get it soon !! I think one of your bullets is a triple ringer, cant quite tell but it looks old !!

BobTheDigger

Jul 7, 2016
SW PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want your gold too! So when you find it send it on over :laughing7:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You and me both my friend we will get there always do. Tommy

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve been doing this for over 10 yrs. My first gold was the best feeling ever. I bought an Ace 250 and the first time out at the beach i found a 14k wedding band ankle deep in the shore line. Then i was hooked for life! I’ve found many gold rings over the yrs and everyone is just as surprising as the first one I found and I still get that same feeling all over again. Set ring goals for yourself. I actually find more rings when I tell myself what I want to find b4 I get to the beach or park. I tell myself I want to find 3 gold rings today and I describe each one out loud what they will look like. Most times I will end up with a gold ring when I do this. I used to drive all the way to the beach with the attitude “I probably won’t find anything”. I should’ve stayed home...and I never would find anything. Now every time I go out, I tell myself Their is something there I just have to find it and it’s been a game changer thinking this way. The gold is already yours, you just haven’t found where it’s hiding yet. Lol. Go get it. Lol.

What you described is visualization or putting an object on your vision board! It works, not sure how it works but it makes me believe a higher power is guiding me to those rings.
When i found the gold ring with the Gold coin in it, i went out that day looking for gold. It was in my mind and i followed my inner thoughts.

Here is a link to the find
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/576529-gold-coin-gold-ring-gold-coin-ring-yay.html

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
What you described is visualization or putting an object on your vision board! It works, not sure how it works but it makes me believe a higher power is guiding me to those rings.
When i found the gold ring with the Gold coin in it, i went out that day looking for gold. It was in my mind and i followed my inner thoughts.

Here is a link to the find
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/576529-gold-coin-gold-ring-gold-coin-ring-yay.html

Very nice panda gold coin ring!! Totally true about having a vision board. This yr I’m putting a lot more gold on mine. Lol. Great job on your find. I’ve had a couple of days like that too where you wake up on a detecting day and you just know that your going to find gold today.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Good Luck in your adventure!

I love finding gold, but never found any hunting on the land. Now when I go I try and put myself in the best spots to increase the odds (The water). If I find it, it's a great day. If I don't it's still a great day cause I'm seeing/digging stuff that has been lost for years.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like Diggin-in-dumps said, every single time I have found gold I was not expecting it. My first gold ring at a beach was 10k white gold. I had it in my pouch for an hour before I figured out the stupid thing was a ring! I found 2 that year. 2017 was the best year, but I went to beaches a lot, and no so much in 2018 and of course, the gold count went way down.

Kona Koma

Bronze Member
Nov 13, 2017
On the Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Persistence and patience pays off.

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Volleyball courts are my go-to for gold.

Absolutely. Also, anywhere people are throwing a ball, playing catch, etc. Saw a guy at the beach with rings on every finger throwing a football in the surf. Didn't take long for one of those rings to fly off; luckily, a fellow Metal Detectorist was nearby and recovered the ring for him.

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Just saw this statement in an article about Ringfinders:
"Christopher Martin, a 43-year-old trumpet player in the New York Philharmonic, lost his wedding ring while playing baseball in Central Park. "
To make my point...throwing balls is good for metal detectorists.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see you are selling your XP Deus Lite. I was wondering why you invested in that expensive of a machine where you could get the same results using a much more inexpensive machine and dig it all.

Are you leaving the hobby? If not good luck on pulling the elusive gold for which you seek.

s-l1600.jpg

Picture is from an online ad.

Last edited:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fact that you are digging pulltabs can only mean that it will happen to you very soon! When you find a site where everyone has left the old style pulltabs, say "Thank-You." They are hiding Gold! Just for fun from now on, keep a count of how many pulltabs you're retrieved. I'll bet when you get in the one-hundred range, your first Gold will surface! Good Luck!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Your digging the right stuff, its just your coil hasn't swept over the gold...keep at it...very soon we will be reading about your first gold piece!

Good Luck and Happy Hunting

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
The fact that you are digging pulltabs can only mean that it will happen to you very soon! When you find a site where everyone has left the old style pulltabs, say "Thank-You." They are hiding Gold! Just for fun from now on, keep a count of how many pulltabs you're retrieved. I'll bet when you get in the one-hundred range, your first Gold will surface! Good Luck!

I thought the number was in the 10,000 pull-tab range before gold...it sure as heck feels like it some days...Actually, my bane is juice foil tops that ring-in 12:03 on the CTX 3030...Dug about 1,000 before finding a small gold and diamond band. On my second 1,000 now...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions