how long have you?

mark.

Apr 13, 2006
K-Man said:
just curious about how long ya been md'in and at wut age did u start md'in.

started when i turned 20 and only been doin it a couple months.

started in 1979 with a White's 6DB, I was 20 years old then...........see ya mark

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Though I had been doing research for some years now, I didn't start MDing until a year ago when a couple of friends off on here purchased a MD for me. So it's been about a year and I really think I'm getting alot better now!! I was and still am 24, but I'll be 25 in about another month... I'll be really stoked when I'm done with college!

Bran <><

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
started mding with my dad as a teen back in 1973 to 1976 (did it for 3 years---12 to 15 years old--) then didn't do it for many years --got back in to doing it a few years ago -- Ivan

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Early 60's with a D-Tex BFO ;D

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometime back in 1985 -86 when I was in the military I saw someone doing it and
got into it, and could not put it down since.

So about 21 years...

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Started when I was 13.

Buckleboy

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mid 60's when I was in the Navy.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started bottle collecting and detecting when I was a kid in the early 80s but started seriousally detecting (or attempting to) hunt CW sites in lower Alabama in the early 90s .The detector I had was junk and my friends would pull 20 minnies to my one. It was very frustrating .I got out of the Navy in 97 and finally bought a good machine and went back to my old sites and there were private property signs up every where .I found a few things on some pounded sites but the hunting that I had dreamed about for so long was not there due to changing times . I came back in service and after about a year in Germany I starting hunting again and got re addicted. I have always loved history and there is nothing like holding a piece of history in your hand after it has been in the ground for years and years. Love it!!!

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
1968 with a Whites CoinMaster IV. Before that I used searched the dirt or eyeballed finds while swimming underwater at the local swimming hole. My first diving find find was in about 1958, a sterling silver ring, and I still have it today.

Back in those days few people believed there was anything worth digging. People had almost no concept of the amount of stuff that is lost.

Even today I'd say that about 60% of the population thinks we're nuts for metal detecting.

Badger

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
Michigan Badger said:
1968 with a Whites CoinMaster IV. Before that I used searched the dirt or eyeballed finds while swimming underwater at the local swimming hole. My first diving find find was in about 1958, a sterling silver ring, and I still have it today.

Back in those days few people believed there was anything worth digging. People had almost no concept of the amount of stuff that is lost.

Even today I'd say that about 60% of the population thinks we're nuts for metal detecting.

Badger

I would even guess a higher percentage. Certainly my parents thought I was nuts when I started as a teenager in the early 60's. I used to put the family's lawn mower in the trunk of the car and mow the grass at the parks to get closer to the goodies. My dad was not amused that I was cutting grass all over town except our lawn.

George

tenjos

Jul 29, 2005
SE Tn, Northern Mi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dad was not amused that I was cutting grass all over town except our lawn.
George
[/quote]
LOL got my first detector a year ago.

re-tek

Jul 15, 2007
miami fl
Detector(s) used
coinstrike, tigershark, ace250, OLD radioshack
i started as a kid, maybe 8-10 years old with one of those radioshack orange handled cheapies. got bored. came back to the hobbie sometime in he mid 90's with a better radioshack unit that had discrimination. hunted on and off for several years. recently got readdicted and bought a coinstrike, then a tigershark, then an ACE250. now i'm out several times a week.

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
uriykir said:
after 3 year on this site, thinking of getting a detector.

hmmm

IronClad

Aug 29, 2007
N. Central Ohio
Detector(s) used
Silver Eagle, White's Eagle I, White's Eagle II SL, 6000/Di Series 3, Silver Sabre II
1974 at age 14. Used a JETCO Mustang, and surprisingly found alot of stuff.
1983, bought a White's 6000D S2 and really got serious. Unit paid for its self 2 weeks after purchase with coins/jewelry alone.
1996, dropped outta the hobby until July of this year, and now back with a vengence. Must admit, the pickins are meager at best, but still there. Moving slow, and diggin deep.

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
1973 at age 14 with Bounty Hunter III bfo machine. I remember the first tr machine I saw was a fellow at a school yard with a Metrotech 220. My first tr machine was a whites beachcomber2, then first discriminating detector was beachcomber 5. For those who detected back then ,I had one of those AH Pro probes circa 73-74 where when it touch the item the little meter on the probe would swing to the left if it was ferrous and to the right if it was non ferrous.
hh
dave+bobbie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions