Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like to know what’s your rarest or best tokens you’ve found and where? I found this NEW ORLEANS LA ZIEGLER SALOON 106-114 ROYAL ST EW PETERS PROP 10 CIRCA 1894 R-10 in the front of the old church in my town. (New Orleans, Louisiana), Ziegler Saloon, 106 – 114 Royal St., E.W. Peters, Prop. // 10. Copper nickel, 27mm, vf detail with some corrosion on both sides, Crawford & Farber 6293Z/3-10a, R-10.
The catalog states that all the known Z/3-10 examples have a V counterstamp on the obverse – this one does not. The Ziegler Saloon operated at 8-12 Royal Street from 1875 – 1895 when it became Huff’s Saloon. Street numbers were changed in New Orleans in 1894 so this token was struck in 1894 or 1895. A rare New Orleans saloon token. IMG_1736.jpg
Also found a the same token in a #5 a a Jesuit Priest’s homestead in the woods. Just goes to show you even the religious couldn’t stay out of New Orleans. No idea of value. If anyone has a token book I’d love to know. Thank for looking IMG_1738.jpg IMG_1737.jpg
I also found one more a 25 cent F.M Owens Steamer token also found at a church in Mandeville La 50 miles from New Orleans. The steamer was built in 1910 and sank in 1915 so might be vary rare IMG_1739.jpg IMG_1740.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible token unbelievable. How did you know the value?

I had a couple of experts tell me it was probably worth $150 or more, so I just put it on Ebay with a starting bid of $150 and no reserve and took what I could get.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pickers Token from the Berks County House from reading PA.

Pickers Token Side 2.jpg Pickers Token Side 1.jpg

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Found a few unlisted tokens years back, they generally did over $100 easy on ebay. This was early 2002 era. Those interested in knowing if they have a rare one can get their most accurate information from their respective state token book. The best place to find a state token book is local libraries in the archive section. Also posting photos in this sites token section should help, wasn't the expert Idaho tokens here at tnet?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this one sold for $36 on Ebay

No idea on Rarity

but Couldn't find history

DSCF0001.JPG

Also sold a White Race only Land Token for much larger amount on Ebay,
But was a Yard sale purchase not a find. But I considered it Rare.
No picture at this time

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About 15 years ago I found an Independence Colorado token eyeballed in the dirt. You could barely read it. I showed it to a knowledgeable bottle digger/ metal detector friend who thought it was worth a bit. The coin shop said it was worthless, as did a token collector up the street. I let it ride on eBay and ended with 650 for my first detector. Since then I have found around a dozen tokens that are not in the Colorado books. I sold that Telluride token recently for 999.00. History behind them and rarity are big factors. If you have saloon and bar on them they should be worth more. I sometimes browse completed tokens on eBay to see prices. The Weipper one is listed and was a restaurant t that opened for one year, the year our town started. It’s one of my favorites! 75A6547A-3BA2-4F17-A42F-52B275ED30ED.jpeg
Truth, I love that steamer token!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
About 15 years ago I found an Independence Colorado token eyeballed in the dirt. You could barely read it. I showed it to a knowledgeable bottle digger/ metal detector friend who thought it was worth a bit. The coin shop said it was worthless, as did a token collector up the street. I let it ride on eBay and ended with 650 for my first detector. Since then I have found around a dozen tokens that are not in the Colorado books. I sold that Telluride token recently for 999.00. History behind them and rarity are big factors. If you have saloon and bar on them they should be worth more. I sometimes browse completed tokens on eBay to see prices.
Truth, I love that steamer token!

Thank you digging I appreciate that so much!!

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
A 1931 Keith's Kitchen from Houston,TX it was only opened in Dec. and then shutdown i don't have any pics of it

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not the most valuable, but surely entertaining is my "Rub my Hump" Good Luck Token. I keep it in my pocket...always makes me laugh. :tongue3:

If you do a quick online search with those words, nice examples will be shown, my two found tokens are somewhat toasty.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
Not the most valuable, but surely entertaining is my "Rub my Hump" Good Luck Token. I keep it in my pocket...always makes me laugh. :tongue3:

If you do a quick online search with those words, nice examples will be shown, my two found tokens are somewhat toasty.

i'm afraid if i type in those words what might pop up :laughing7:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not to worry Gold_boy, it's a token with a man with a large hump on his back...lol :icon_thumleft:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good grief, I don't think I've ever found one!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as for the description of "rare" To Me Rare Means Not in the Books.

Definitely not Rare if 2 or More are Known to Exist.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread