F75+ fisher 11”,5” dd coils
F pulse pin pointer
Black widow headphones
Predator 31c raptor hand digger,
Whites mxt e-tracker stock 9” ,4x6,coil
Garrett AT Pro,ground shrark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Oklahoma down t-town way I believe your going to find the research as fun as the dig!!!!

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome from your eastern neighbor. If you like to relic hunter, upstate New York is full of old homesites I’m sure

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from your eastern neighbor. If you like to relic hunter, upstate New York is full of old homesites I’m sure

its absolutely literally littered with them. Most towns by me used to have 3 times the current populations in the 1800's.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome! I would get on historical aerials and try to find some old ground.

OP
OP
E

Eagleone1025

Jan 21, 2019
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking into to permits for prospecting' should have answers by weeks end.

Never heard of this guy. Nice guitar riff.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Looking into to permits for prospecting' ....

Uhhh.... A few questions. When you say "prospecting", are you referring to nuggets ? Eg.: Gold in its natural form ? Or do you mean "prospecting" in the sense of just normal metal detecting ? (coins, relics, etc...) .

And where & how are you "looking into permits" ? Ie.: reading up on the potential existence of such thing(s) on your own ? Or inquiring of desk-jockeys, hither and yonder, as to whether or not they have "permits" for your chosen activity ? Or .... ?

OP
OP
E

Eagleone1025

Jan 21, 2019
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am talking about panning for gold and searching for gem stones as well. I also look for fossils. I only just started three years ago and I am still quite the beginner.
I have been in touch with NY Land mining permits and they were pretty helpful. It proves that no matter how honest and straight forward one can be, this state just sees oddities and a will to "not conform" with their ideal society. Enough of politics, I just want to explore and discover.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I am talking about panning for gold and searching for gem stones as well. I also look for fossils.....

Re.: "panning" (nuggets, etc..) and "gem-stones". Can't help ya there. I'm strictly a coins-relics md'r :) Perhaps the prospecting forum section of T'net. And there's a "fossils" section of T'net too.

Personally, I can't imagine why anyone would care, if someone else "looked for gemstones or fossils", etc... Ie.: since when does that need a "permit" ? I have looked down, and picked up pretty stones, arrowheads, seashells, etc.., and never thought it needed a "permit". But .... that's just me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread