Tech talk questions about 3 detectors

sushidingo

Mar 3, 2015
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster pro, at gold. Gold monster 1000. Equinox 800, sdc 2300, soon D2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats up everyone? So I'm thinking about a new detector. At the moment i have an AT gold with a core strike coil on it. I was thinking about picking up an equinox 800 but am not sure how different this detector is than the one i already have. I hunt lots of desert in northern nevada and not much water. I see the gold has 18 khz and was wondering if the khz of the 800 blows mine out of the water? Any information about the 800 compared to the gold will be great. The third detector is the fisher Gemini 3. I know nothing about this machine at all. If anyone on Tnet has experience with this let me know. Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The higher the KHZ the smaller an item can be detected from what I understand, thus some gold machines us 71 khz or higher.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The higher the KHZ the smaller an item can be detected from what I understand, thus some gold machines us 71 khz or higher.

Are you wanting a dedicated gold detector or one that can be used to hunt gold as well as other detecting types. The equinox will find very small gold nuggets and yet can be used at beaches, parks and fields to hunt relics and jewelry.

Here are couple pictures of tiny gold nuggets found with Equinox 800 found in Australia.

Sub Gram Gold Found With Equinox 800.jpg Sub Gram Gold Nugets Eq 800 Weight.jpg

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Having experience with both machines in the Arizona placers, I recommend the Equinox 800 with a 6" sniper coil for smaller pickers, although the stock coil found a nice 5-GRAIN piece while I was out at Jackass Flats! If you want a PURE Gold Nugget hunter, you want the Gold Monster 1000.:skullflag:

OP
OP
sushidingo

sushidingo

Mar 3, 2015
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster pro, at gold. Gold monster 1000. Equinox 800, sdc 2300, soon D2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although an all out gold machine would be nice i want an all around detector that can do everything. My AT gold is great but i fear it wont pick up the same as the 800.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread