Help finding a meterorite

perksx2

Tenderfoot
Jan 25, 2019
Asheville NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I'm new on here. i signed up to see if anyone would be interested in helping me find a meteorite that went flying past my head. I know this sounds kind of weird, but, this basketball sized thing? Went flying by me and into the woods behind my house. My girlfriend and I took a quick look but found nothing. I don't own a metal detector and was looking for someone who might like to help me find it. I have a good line on the trajectory and the search area shouldn't be very large.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

perksx2

Tenderfoot
Jan 25, 2019
Asheville NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a building between me and the what ever it was? It was making a strange noise, lit up the whole forest. Below tree top level it was still basketball size?

OP
OP
P

perksx2

Tenderfoot
Jan 25, 2019
Asheville NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's pretty funny. This was below tree top level when it went by. I seriously doubt it's in the next state.

CladGrabber

Oct 10, 2013
Tulsa Ok
Detector(s) used
AT PRO...Equinox 800...garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suggest beginning your search while all of the evidence is still fresh. When you find it share some pictures with us please. Good luck!

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like ball lightening more than a meteorite. That thing would have blown out your windows of your house if it was really that close.

man_in_black

Nov 2, 2013
Pensacola
Detector(s) used
Fisher F44
Bounty Hunter QuickSilver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like ball lightening more than a meteorite. That thing would have blown out your windows of your house if it was really that close.

True. 30 yds over & 20 ft above (if basketball sized, estimate 100+ lbs of iron?) would've had the destructive power of over 1000 lbs of TNT, and made a horrendous mess of everything within a football field in any direction, at the very least. Should be easy to pinpoint 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread