Not having good luck with my Garrett carrot

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I keep 2 pin pointers on hand, so when I send one in for repair I still have a good one. What I have discovered is if you keep them in your vehicle the heat messes with them and loosens the adhesives they use which then creates problems. I sent my original black pin pointer in for repair. It cost me 42 bucks which covered shipping both ways, they replaced the housing, switch, switch cover and coil. It came back looking like a new pin pointer.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never broke one. Did you (gasp) try a new battery? When mine start to go haywire it's always been the need for a new battery.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you ground balance before use?

buck8point

Apr 22, 2018
Iberville Parish, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 / Garrett AT Max /
Garrett Pro Pointer / Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After seeing that pic of the tip of your previous Carrot, im gonna go with "Its Slap Wore the Heck Out" and "Another one Bites the Dust"
lolololololol..
Im not sure they make a Plastic, that can withstand the Wrath of your "Gettin After It" Bruh...
You have apparently unknowingly exceeded the maximum number of holes banged out with a single unit yet again.
Garrett may wanna hire you to destruct proof their products... :goldtrophy:

But Seriously...
Its a very sensitive piece of electronic equipment, its made to take a good deal of abuse, just not Truth1253 style...
Might wanna see if you can find some in a bulk pack... :laughing7:

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After seeing that pic of the tip of your previous Carrot, im gonna go with "Its Slap Wore the Heck Out" and "Another one Bites the Dust"
lolololololol..
Im not sure they make a Plastic, that can withstand the Wrath of your "Gettin After It" Bruh...
You have apparently unknowingly exceeded the maximum number of holes banged out with a single unit yet again.
Garrett may wanna hire you to destruct proof their products... :goldtrophy:

But Seriously...
Its a very sensitive piece of electronic equipment, its made to take a good deal of abuse, just not Truth1253 style...
Might wanna see if you can find some in a bulk pack... :laughing7:

LMAO!!! I had a feeling it was me. I also use them as Qtips

bologna321

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2017
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
have you submerged it for a time? I had a prob with leaks that made it act whacky

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've never had a Garrett carrot but I've had two of the original black ones. I bought the first one in 2010 and it finally crapped out in 2016. I'm on my second one now and it's still working fine but I have a White's TRX as a backup. The one that crapped out did so because the on-off switch was worn out, rather than send it in I opted to buy a new one.

Nick79

Jan 28, 2018
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I like my whites Trx bullseye. I've used both. Whites only does from the front of the tip which is narrowing it down. Not the sides too like Garrett
20190129_084246.jpeg

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW these are not cool orange shovels, although I've been known to use them for that.

Got-Good-Tones

Mar 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Concur with the low battery issue...you can kind of tell right off the bat when the battery is about shot in the Garrett Carrot...working good and then it just goes wonky all of a sudden...so keep a couple of spare 9V around. About 20-30 seconds to change out...good to go...:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Got-Good-Tones

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW...3!! How's your cannonball holding up? lol!

Kace

baddley

Jan 28, 2019
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have Garrett Carrot and was wondering if there is anyway to keep it from beeping every couple of minutes so you can do not loose it too ?

Scott

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have Garrett Carrot and was wondering if there is anyway to keep it from beeping every couple of minutes so you can do not loose it too ?

Scott

I turn mine off after I locate the current target and then turn it back on when I need to use it again. I do like the warning beeps and would hate to disable that feature.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate the warning beeps and turn it off between targets. Most times I don't use it, just on those tiny things that elude me.

Carlitosway2

Apr 11, 2016
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
(Favorite) CTX 3030
(Back up) whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every time mine does that it ends up being the battery. I always keep some extra Duracell’s with me. They are a little more money but last a lot longer in my pinpointer.

buck8point

Apr 22, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Concur with the low battery issue...you can kind of tell right off the bat when the battery is about shot in the Garrett Carrot...working good and then it just goes wonky all of a sudden...so keep a couple of spare 9V around. About 20-30 seconds to change out...good to go...:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Got-Good-Tones

Ive seen this too..

buck8point

Apr 22, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I turn mine off after I locate the current target and then turn it back on when I need to use it again. I do like the warning beeps and would hate to disable that feature.

I do the same thing, and wouldnt ya know, it didnt beep when i walked away from it and left it at a site, never to be seen again...:BangHead:

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The "Carrot" is supposed to be water-proof, so take out old battery, put in new, and SNUG the battery cap, down - then turn it on.
It can be reason to doubt the pointer, if not ("-proofed") from use in high humidity environment - so, it might be corrosion of the Contacts to the battery. ..???
Not enough pressure on the battery...????

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread