Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Oscar -

Here's a list of parks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_parks_in_Portland,_Oregon

Last I heard you can detect parks, No shovels - of course use ground cloth, cut a nice plug, fill hole, take trash.

I've been gone for a few years so double check.

To get the exact stipulations/conditions for metal detecting in Portland Parks I recommend that you call the Portland Parks & Recreation at 503-823-7529 Happy Hunting!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
....To get the exact stipulations/conditions for metal detecting in Portland Parks I recommend that you call the Portland Parks & Recreation at 503-823-7529 Happy Hunting!

If Oscar is to do this, I recommend that he simply asks "Where can the public view the list of any rules/regulations of park usage?". "Eg.: dogs on leash, no fireworks, etc...". If they say "what is it you wanted to know?", you repeat the question : To know where the rules are available for public viewing.

They will direct you to where it exists in print form somewhere . Eg.: a link or in binder form somewhere. If you don't see md'ing listed as prohibited, then presto: It's not prohibited.

Do NOT call asking "Hi can I metal detect ?" Lest you risk being the latest victim of "no one cared till you asked" and "safe answer" routine.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I concur with Tom in CA, the internet is your friend, all towns and cities have websites even county parks commissions, sometimes you just need a good google query to get the info you desire without getting persons involved. I enjoy to hunt with others, especially those I met here on Tnet, but do hunt "lone wolf" style most of the time.

OP
OP
O

Omaisel

Tenderfoot
Jan 31, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys! Good advice! I hope I can catch up with some ppl and have a hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread