Did They Get Silver And Gold And Leave The Clad

Deep1

Dec 30, 2018
Carolina Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nox 800, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266 that still finds stuff.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to the beach today. Worked low tide for 3 hours and found $.31, quarter, nickle and a penny.
Got disgusted and headed to the parking lot. Got to the top of the beach where the sand had washed up into what was once picnic area, 2 hurricanes ago.
My detector went nuts. there were coins everywhere.
Dug almost $7.00 in clad. All had been on the beach for awhile. Obliviously they had washed up with sand.
Always find silver on this beach in the winter. Found none.
Can't understand why I found all the clad and no silver.
It's like someone went in and pulled all the silver and gold and left the clad.
If there's a detector that does that, I want 2 of them.

Attachments

• BEACH CHANGE.jpg
    BEACH CHANGE.jpg
    323.9 KB · Views: 86
Upvote 0

Bottlecapbill

Feb 4, 2014
Sault St. Marie , Ontario Canada
Detector(s) used
AT PRO International, Blisstool V3, Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just had a rough hunt. It happens. Maybe you've just cleaned the place out over time. It can happen.......it's happened to me, although I'm at fresh water beaches. They used to be full of keepers.........now not so much.

sws33

Mar 15, 2013
huntington beach ca
Detector(s) used
white's 5900 di pro, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1280, Garrett Infinium LS, Teknetics T2 SE and Teknetics Omega 8000, Makro Multi Kruzer, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II and Fisher CZ21, White's TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be happy to scoop up all the clad you or anybody wants to leave behind. That stuff adds up, I have probably 60 bucks in clad that I've collected over the last five or six hunts. I took the CZ 21 to a school yard today and found my first silver coin with it. A 1917 Mercury dime. Plus the usual three or four dollars in clad. I kind of looked like a pig that had been rolling around in mud, I got caught in the rain but didn't care since I had my CZ 21, so I threw on a rain jacket and continue to dig and get really dirty.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The next hunt will be better! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread