Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree18Likes
  • 1 Post By TintedSnow
  • 1 Post By Iffy Signals
  • 3 Post By RustyGold
  • 3 Post By CarsonChris
  • 1 Post By against the wind
  • 2 Post By TintedSnow
  • 2 Post By Opie
  • 2 Post By A2coins
  • 1 Post By Opie
  • 2 Post By TintedSnow

Thread: First Detector

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Sep 2016
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Equinox 800, White's Goldmaster
    124 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

First Detector

Well, isnít my actual first. I have a nugget detector, but I need a new one. Iím looking for a big boy detector, not a beginner one. Iím going to be trained by some local clubs up here. I need one thatís good with gold and old mining relics and whatnot. Iím usually searching in worked over mining claims, but also in the middle of nowhere on untouched land. Any recommendations would be awesome. Thanks!

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2018
    Rhode Island
    Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
    415 times
    Deus with the HF coil will be good down to 14kh for relics/coins and up to 74kh for gold.
    A2coins likes this.
    iffy signals - youtube

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    XP Deus, Equinox 800 & 600 720i Stealth Scoop
    6424 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by TintedSnow View Post
    Well, isn’t my actual first. I have a nugget detector, but I need a new one. I’m looking for a big boy detector, not a beginner one. I’m going to be trained by some local clubs up here. I need one that’s good with gold and old mining relics and whatnot. I’m usually searching in worked over mining claims, but also in the middle of nowhere on untouched land. Any recommendations would be awesome. Thanks!
    One suggestion would be, start by asking the people who are doing the training. Maybe see what they recommend for your area. They should know what will be the best for your locale and target. Good luck!

We are not what we take, we are what we leave.

Feb 2019
    Carson City NV
    Equinox 800, AT Pro
    289 times
    Nox 800, end of story!
    HIGHSTRUNG, TintedSnow and A2coins like this.

Charter Member
    us
    DEPLORABLE

Jul 2015
    Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
    20195 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    It really depends on your budget. Minelab makes some high end machines that have price tags in the thousands
    A2coins likes this.
    SOMETIMES I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW ,,, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN,, Bob Seger

us
    Sep 2016
    Anchorage, Alaska
    124 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CarsonChris View Post
    Nox 800, end of story!
    Thatís what I ended up with.

us
    It is what it is, until it "Is" what it is.

Aug 2013
    Northern Utah
    I currently run White's Spectra V3i wireless, Fisher F-70, Garrett AT-Pro, Minelab Etrac. I have owned other Fisher, Teknetics & Garrett models. Hands on with Equinox 800, Garrett AT-Max, & New Chase
    160 times
    Metal Detecting
    Tinted, you state mining locations will be the hosted areas your going. I would recommend the Fisher F-75 F-70 or the Teknetics T-2 or G-2 these are machines capable of being used as gold machines, especially with the T-2. The beauty to these machines is their older designs (still awesome performance) but the cost has come way down on them.
    They can be had at a major savings.
    Newer multi frequency designs don't work as well on raw gold as a single higher frequency machine.
    This is a reason XP has came out with the ORX to cover the gold application better than the Deus.
    Good luck!
    Stay Gold!
    Opie
    TintedSnow and A2coins like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    23971 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Test them it deoends on what your looking for no nox if your hunting iron or saltwater At if you have hot ground and for coins nox is a good machine once you learn it out of park one or 2 talk to the sales rep like you would getting a car
    TintedSnow and RustyGold like this.
    Still Available ​Approved TreasureNet Stickers
    .:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.25 for 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

us
    It is what it is, until it "Is" what it is.

Aug 2013
    Northern Utah
    I currently run White's Spectra V3i wireless, Fisher F-70, Garrett AT-Pro, Minelab Etrac. I have owned other Fisher, Teknetics & Garrett models. Hands on with Equinox 800, Garrett AT-Max, & New Chase
    160 times
    Metal Detecting
    Tinted, sorry I missed the fact you already bought a Eq 800 anyway give this a try. Go to "Field 2 mode" Go to "Frequency" set machine to 15kHz single frequency. Go to "Settings" then set ground balance to "Manual" set Thresh hold up to just audible humming. Gold mode on this machine only works 20 or 40 kHz which is a bit high for artifacts and 15kHz penetrates the ground just a bit deeper and your not necessarily gold prospecting these areas, your looking for anything, so this opens up your search a bit while keeping you in the game for gold nuggets.
    Forgive me as its been a while since I played with this machine. Hope it helps!
    Good Luck!
    Stay Gold!
    Opie
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Sep 2016
    Anchorage, Alaska
    124 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Opie View Post
    Tinted, sorry I missed the fact you already bought a Eq 800 anyway give this a try. Go to "Field 2 mode" Go to "Frequency" set machine to 15kHz single frequency. Go to "Settings" then set ground balance to "Manual" set Thresh hold up to just audible humming. Gold mode on this machine only works 20 or 40 kHz which is a bit high for artifacts and 15kHz penetrates the ground just a bit deeper and your not necessarily gold prospecting these areas, your looking for anything, so this opens up your search a bit while keeping you in the game for gold nuggets.
    Forgive me as its been a while since I played with this machine. Hope it helps!
    Good Luck!
    Stay Gold!
    Opie
    Awesome info! Iím going nuts since itís still winter and will be snow covered for a few more months. Canít wait to try it out!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links