Hard Carrying Case

TintedSnow

Sep 25, 2016
Anchorage, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, White's Goldmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got a Nox 800 and I'm looking for some sort of hard case for it. I travel all over Alaska and it'd be nice to have some protection. I've searched, but I can only find soft cases and the hard cases I find are specifically made for other detectors. Any ideas? Thanks.

Upvote 0

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are pricey but they are good!! I have one for a drone and I can stand on the thing, throw it around, waterproof.... `I don't know what length you need I just grabbed a link there are all different sizes...You may even be able to find one used on ebay. https://www.pelican.com/us/en/product/cases/long-case/protector/1770 Sometimes they are on there all different sizes, I think I've even seen them in military surplus type sales. Or something similar.

I also found a real nice aluminium case at goodwill, took the electronics out of it and put my own foam in. I think I pd something like $35 bucks. It's not waterproof and I have to take the detector down to make it fit. Which is fine for me. I'd rather have the little hassle of taking the detector down than a longer case to deal with..

Last edited:

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
IMAG0264.jpg
I got a Pelican. I fly with it sometimes, which is nice.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plano and Flambeau have nice cases cheap.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have a Big5 Sporting Goods close? They have some good quality rifle cases fairly cheap. I picked one up for $20 something that is as good as my buddys $139 one. I've got a Soverign, meter, three coils, two batteries & charger in it. All fit nicely. I put a minelab sticker under the handle & have a copy of the manual inside. The only problem I've ever had was TSA flipping through the manual x2 & at LAX they said "make it work". DIA I told the TSA guy it's just like he's got over there only 10 times better. He laughed & gave me a discreet thumbs up. Oh, sign up for the Big 5 email! they have em on sale a lot. Just know the coupons have an expiration date that's 5 days out & by the time you get em three days are gone.

OP
OP
TintedSnow

TintedSnow

Sep 25, 2016
Anchorage, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, White's Goldmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have a Big5 Sporting Goods close? They have some good quality rifle cases fairly cheap. I picked one up for $20 something that is as good as my buddys $139 one. I've got a Soverign, meter, three coils, two batteries & charger in it. All fit nicely. I put a minelab sticker under the handle & have a copy of the manual inside. The only problem I've ever had was TSA flipping through the manual x2 & at LAX they said "make it work". DIA I told the TSA guy it's just like he's got over there only 10 times better. He laughed & gave me a discreet thumbs up. Oh, sign up for the Big 5 email! they have em on sale a lot. Just know the coupons have an expiration date that's 5 days out & by the time you get em three days are gone.

I’ve never heard of that company. I’m in Alaska - not much for choices. Ha.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread