Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Calling all Fisher f44 owners...

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jun 2008
    Vale, Oregon
    Nokta Impact (2), FORS Relic (3), FORS CoRe (2) Makro Racer 2 Tesoro Vaquero, Bandido II µMAX, Silver Sabre µMAX & Mojave Makro and Nokta Pinpointers Killer-B 'Hornet' headphones
    26 times
    Relic Hunting
    Mvgirl,

I know I'm a few days tardy but I had some medical matters to deal with. It's Saturday, 8:45 AM here in Vale, Oregon, and I'm headed to a Sportsman's Show in Idaho, then off to meet a friend to hunt a WW-II POW Camp site. I travel with several detectors, but along with me on most trips, and one I'll be using today, is the Fisher F44. I'll mainly use the 7" Concentric coil, which is my favorite with this device, and grab my 2nd F44 w/5" DD to work in the brushier/confined spaces.

I have your e-mail up and when I get home later today it will be the first thing I get to. If you have any specific questions other than you posted in this thread, you're welcome to e-mail them to me. If you were close by you'd be welcome to join us as well. I have 10 individual detectors in my current Regular-Use Detector Outfit, but only 7 different models. I have doubles of the Nokta FORS CoRe, FORS Relic and Fisher F44 because I use them more and keep my favorite coils mounted on each. A smaller-size and mid-size.

If you would, drop me an e-mail and let me know the types of hunting you like to do and describe the typical locations and site conditions you're likely to encounter.

Sorry for the delay but the response will come this evening.

Monte
    Mvgirl and A2coins like this.
    "Your eyes, the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"
    Stinkwater Wells
    Trading Post
    For metal detector and detecting information and knowledge.
    A 'how-to' source hosting seminars and helping individuals
    to learn and have fun today to create their own memories.

monte@stinkwaterwells.com or monte@ahrps.org
    503-481-8147

us
    Metal Detecting & Hotwheels Collecting

Sep 2014
    Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
    Nox 600, Tesoro, Bounty Hunter, Deteknix
    3297 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Nothing to add about detector, I'm sure you've done your homework and know what's best for you. I just want to say that I have dealt with metal detector.com for some smaller items and I would rate them at A++. If you watch their site they have some great deals also, but you could call them and maybe they would give you a heads up on upcoming sales. I would also like to add that maybe you want to check out the sponsoring dealers here on Tnet, one of them could possibly have the best deal for a Tnet member. Send them a private message for a quote, you may be surprised. Good luck & Happy Hunting
    Last edited by Inspector; Mar 02, 2019 at 05:41 PM.
    Mvgirl and A2coins like this.
    Any day of hunting, whether good or bad is better than not hunting at all

ca
    Semi-precious rock and gem collecter, classic book reader, horse lover, metal detecter gal.

Aug 2018
    Winnipeg MB.
    Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro, Bounty Hunter Jr., Garrett Carrot
    679 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    Nothing to add about detector, I'm sure you've done your homework and know what's best for you. I just want to say that I have dealt with metal detector.com for some smaller items and I would rate them at A++. If you watch their site they have some great deals also, but you could call them and maybe they would give you a heads up on upcoming sales. I would also like to add that maybe you want to check out the sponsoring dealers here on Tnet, one of them could possibly have the best deal for a Tnet member. Send them a private message for a quote, you may be surprised. Good luck & Happy Hunting
    Unfortunately I just remembered that I live in Canada... so with the exchange rate and possible duty charges I'd be no better off and probably have a better deal if I bought the f44 on amazon for around 500. I don't know where you mean to see if a Tnet user would have a machine for sale but even if I found someone selling theyd probably be in the u.s. also... (why are their more detectorists in the u.s.??) Thanks though��
    Inspector and A2coins like this.
    Always check rabbit holes when metal detecting... you never know, there might be karats down there.

ca
    Semi-precious rock and gem collecter, classic book reader, horse lover, metal detecter gal.

Aug 2018
    Winnipeg MB.
    679 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    Mvgirl,

I know I'm a few days tardy but I had some medical matters to deal with. It's Saturday, 8:45 AM here in Vale, Oregon, and I'm headed to a Sportsman's Show in Idaho, then off to meet a friend to hunt a WW-II POW Camp site. I travel with several detectors, but along with me on most trips, and one I'll be using today, is the Fisher F44. I'll mainly use the 7" Concentric coil, which is my favorite with this device, and grab my 2nd F44 w/5" DD to work in the brushier/confined spaces.

I have your e-mail up and when I get home later today it will be the first thing I get to. If you have any specific questions other than you posted in this thread, you're welcome to e-mail them to me. If you were close by you'd be welcome to join us as well. I have 10 individual detectors in my current Regular-Use Detector Outfit, but only 7 different models. I have doubles of the Nokta FORS CoRe, FORS Relic and Fisher F44 because I use them more and keep my favorite coils mounted on each. A smaller-size and mid-size.

If you would, drop me an e-mail and let me know the types of hunting you like to do and describe the typical locations and site conditions you're likely to encounter.

Sorry for the delay but the response will come this evening.

Monte
    Hi monte. Sorry you had medical stuff to take care of, hope it all went well. (Sorry if I sent two emails before... Wasn't sure if it sent) ok I'll send you another email to tell you the peticulars. Thanks so much for helping!!! I felt like my head was swimming with all the detector options but now I'm pretty sure I want the f44. It seems like a good machine and it has some nice features. Big choice for me to make though... I don't work yet and 500 bucks is a lot for me to spend... (I've never spent that much yet��)
    A2coins likes this.
    Always check rabbit holes when metal detecting... you never know, there might be karats down there.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    23971 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    At pro used under 500 easy and its a great very very easy to use machine almost turn on and go I think ddf Scotty is right on it will pay fir itself it slams on coins most companies Kellyco Bigboys hobbies ect sell used and demo machines of all kinds Good luck. Tommy
    Mvgirl and Inspector like this.
    Still Available ​Approved TreasureNet Stickers
    .:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.25 for 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

ca

Aug 2018
    Winnipeg MB.
    679 times
    Metal Detecting
    Hey Monte, not sure if you sent that email or not because I didn't get it. If it's just because you are busy then that's fine but thought maybe you typed it and it didn't get sent. Have a nice day!
    A2coins likes this.

ca

Aug 2018
    Winnipeg MB.
    679 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by A2coins View Post
    At pro used under 500 easy and its a great very very easy to use machine almost turn on and go I think ddf Scotty is right on it will pay fir itself it slams on coins most companies Kellyco Bigboys hobbies ect sell used and demo machines of all kinds Good luck. Tommy
    Thanks. Unfortunately we don't have a kellyco or really any metal detecting stores out here in Canada. I dont want the exchange rate or the duty fee to deal with... in the end it wouldn't be a good deal. The only one that's around my area has the f44 for 500 bucks. :/
    A2coins and Inspector like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    23971 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mvgirl View Post
    Thanks. Unfortunately we don't have a kellyco or really any metal detecting stores out here in Canada. I dont want the exchange rate or the duty fee to deal with... in the end it wouldn't be a good deal. The only one that's around my area has the f44 for 500 bucks. :/
    Thats a good machine we all talk up our detecters but in reality most of the thing is getting your coil over the target.. Good luck Im sure you will be happy with which ever machine you get. I have heard alot of good thing about that detecter Tommy
    Mvgirl and Inspector like this.
    Still Available ​Approved TreasureNet Stickers
    .:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.25 for 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

ca

Aug 2018
    Winnipeg MB.
    679 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by A2coins View Post
    Thats a good machine we all talk up our detecters but in reality most of the thing is getting your coil over the target.. Good luck Im sure you will be happy with which ever machine you get. I have heard alot of good thing about that detecter Tommy
    Thanks A2coins for helping though. Everyone on here has been so nice and helpful. The only down side is that everyone has their own opinion of which machine to get, whether the machine you want is good, ect. Ect. It is helpful but at the same time so much to take in lol!��
    A2coins and Inspector like this.

ca

Aug 2018
    Winnipeg MB.
    679 times
    Metal Detecting
    Thanks monte... I sent you a reply

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links