Calling all Fisher f44 owners...

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter land ranger pro, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all! I have been detecting for less than a year and I want to upgrade to the Fisher f44. i know its not the best detector out there, its considered a beginners-mid-range. But it will be a huge improvment to my little dectector (bounty hunter jr. I bought new for $80 ca.) Can anyone tell me their likes and dislikes of this machine if you own it? Also, I found this site with cheap new detectors.. www.metaldetector.com and it has the Fisher I want on there. Has anyone used this site? :metaldetector:???Is it reliable? This is what i want for my machine and it seems to fit all i want:

1. cheap on batteries (x2 aa) my little guy i have uses x2 9 volts and it cost me almost all my coins i found so i didn't earn much :(

2. light weight

3. disscrimination

4. water resistant/waterproof coil

5. detects up to 9-10 inches give or take

6. can have head phones

7. has number id + tones for different metals

Things to consider

1. how water proof is it... if I drop it in the lake by mistake will it die? (not planning to do a lot of water/beach hunts but still...)???

2. is it better than the Garrett Ace 400?:icon_scratch:

3. can I get it under 500 bucks?:coins:

Any info on this machine I can get will be helpful. Thanks!:icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
At pro used under 500 easy and its a great very very easy to use machine almost turn on and go I think ddf Scotty is right on it will pay fir itself it slams on coins most companies Kellyco Bigboys hobbies ect sell used and demo machines of all kinds Good luck. Tommy

Thanks. Unfortunately we don't have a kellyco or really any metal detecting stores out here in Canada. I dont want the exchange rate or the duty fee to deal with... in the end it wouldn't be a good deal. The only one that's around my area has the f44 for 500 bucks. :/

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. Unfortunately we don't have a kellyco or really any metal detecting stores out here in Canada. I dont want the exchange rate or the duty fee to deal with... in the end it wouldn't be a good deal. The only one that's around my area has the f44 for 500 bucks. :/
Thats a good machine we all talk up our detecters but in reality most of the thing is getting your coil over the target.. Good luck Im sure you will be happy with which ever machine you get. I have heard alot of good thing about that detecter Tommy

OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats a good machine we all talk up our detecters but in reality most of the thing is getting your coil over the target.. Good luck Im sure you will be happy with which ever machine you get. I have heard alot of good thing about that detecter Tommy

Thanks A2coins for helping though. Everyone on here has been so nice and helpful. The only down side is that everyone has their own opinion of which machine to get, whether the machine you want is good, ect. Ect. It is helpful but at the same time so much to take in lol!��

OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks monte... I sent you a reply

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread