Bountyhunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Equinox 800. 600 if you have to but the 800 is a better deal.

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Given your criteria, I agree with Iffy...hands down, the EQX 800...particularly if you're going after gold nuggets. The 800 is extremely sensitive and will pick up very small nuggets. The EQX600 doesn't have the Gold Mode option.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
My hunting buddy swings a Tesoro Tiger Shark in the water - basically alongside my Excal II. Sometimes he wins, and sometimes I win. For under $700 the Tiger Shark is quite competitive.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a whites mx sport that could easily replace that at pro on that list. Surpasses it in so many ways. But for similar prices I would think the equinox 600 or 800 or kruzer would be where you should be concentrating on.

Tahts-a-dats-ago

Apr 30, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Legend,
Anfibio multi,
Apex,
ORX,
Deus,
Vanquish 440
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both the MX Sport and the Makro Multi Kruzer. Both fit your needs very well.

The MX Sport comes with waterproof headphones (wired). It is rated down to 10 feet under water. It is deep, very sensitive, and fairly fast. Good selection of coils available (the new 6 inch coil is fantastic). 14kHz frequency though, so it's not the best choice for really small gold. Love the screen and the user interface. It's heavier than the Kruzer, but balanced nicely and it swings really well. Whites service is outstanding.

The Makro Multi Kruzer comes with wireless headphones (not waterproof). The included headphones are light in weight and do work well. Some users would prefer the headphones were a bit louder though. The Kruzer is rated down to 16 feet under water. It is a deep machine (depending on program used) and very fast (depending on program). The user can select one of three frequencies to hunt in. The Kruzer has a good selection of coils - the 7 inch concentric is outstanding. It has a good screen and the user interface is good. The machine is light weight and swings very well. The Kruzer has internal, rechargeable batteries.

You might also consider the Nokta/Makro Anfibio (Multi). My understanding is that it is a Kruzer with more options/programs but mounted on a straight shaft.

OP
OP
Dighere

Dighere

Greenie
Dec 24, 2013
Canton, Ga
Detector(s) used
Bountyhunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you everyone. Looks like I have a couple of more now to consider.
Very helpful everyone and much appreciated!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Equinox 800. It can handle land and water and also has a Gold Program. From what I have heard and witnessed, both the EQ 600 & 800 have an easy learning curve. You can also go wireless.

OP
OP
Dighere

Dighere

Greenie
Dec 24, 2013
Canton, Ga
Detector(s) used
Bountyhunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both the MX Sport and the Makro Multi Kruzer. Both fit your needs very well.

The MX Sport comes with waterproof headphones (wired). It is rated down to 10 feet under water. It is deep, very sensitive, and fairly fast. Good selection of coils available (the new 6 inch coil is fantastic). 14kHz frequency though, so it's not the best choice for really small gold. Love the screen and the user interface. It's heavier than the Kruzer, but balanced nicely and it swings really well. Whites service is outstanding.

The Makro Multi Kruzer comes with wireless headphones (not waterproof). The included headphones are light in weight and do work well. Some users would prefer the headphones were a bit louder though. The Kruzer is rated down to 16 feet under water. It is a deep machine (depending on program used) and very fast (depending on program). The user can select one of three frequencies to hunt in. The Kruzer has a good selection of coils - the 7 inch concentric is outstanding. It has a good screen and the user interface is good. The machine is light weight and swings very well. The Kruzer has internal, rechargeable batteries.

You might also consider the Nokta/Makro Anfibio (Multi). My understanding is that it is a Kruzer with more options/programs but mounted on a straight shaft.

Sorry for my ignorance, but when you say it's fast...are you talking about recovery speed?

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Dighere, the latest and greatest or rather the newest sensation is the Equinox series from Minelab, however you've been given some great advice on the White's MX Sport.
The White's Mx-7 is water resistant (splash proof) and another good pick for less money. Both of these units have a prospecting feature and your not loosing anything to any other brand or model out there. I would add their less expensive and the MX Sport includes water proof head phones, and if you "heaven forbid" break the unit or have an issue White's has an amazing proven customer service group, Minelab has not been know for that through the years, but they have improved recently.
Good luck!
Stay Gold!
Opie

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
I like the choice of battery you have on both the MX Sport, Garrett AT-Max and Makro Multi Kruzer.

ivanll

skfrye

Aug 27, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a multi kruzer looking for a home.. never been used in the field. I won it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread