Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By Iffy Signals
  • 1 Post By ColonelDan
  • 1 Post By DeepseekerADS
  • 1 Post By Tpmetal
  • 1 Post By Tahts-a-dats-ago
  • 1 Post By ivanll
  • 1 Post By against the wind
  • 1 Post By ivanll
  • 1 Post By Opie
  • 1 Post By ivanll
  • 1 Post By Tahts-a-dats-ago

Thread: Advice? Waterproof sub 1k detector for relics and coins

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Dec 2013
    Canton, Ga
    Bountyhunter
    16 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Advice? Waterproof sub 1k detector for relics and coins

Hello,
    Any advice for choosing between AT Pro, Equinox 600 or Makro Kruzer? Any other options I should consider?
    Primarily interested in dry land hunting for coins and relics. Would like the option for shallow river detecting, and possibly a gold nugget hunt in a creek.

Thanks!

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2018
    Rhode Island
    Current-Deus. Past-Equinox, CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
    305 times
    Equinox 800. 600 if you have to but the 800 is a better deal.
    Dighere likes this.
    iffy signals - youtube

Charter Member
    us
    Colonel

Jan 2014
    Central Florida
    CTX 3030; EQX 800; Excal II
    597 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Given your criteria, I agree with Iffy...hands down, the EQX 800...particularly if you're going after gold nuggets. The 800 is extremely sensitive and will pick up very small nuggets. The EQX600 doesn't have the Gold Mode option.
    Dighere likes this.
    ~ Preserving the Spirit of '76 ~

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"~ Leonardo da Vinci

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    16408 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    My hunting buddy swings a Tesoro Tiger Shark in the water - basically alongside my Excal II. Sometimes he wins, and sometimes I win. For under $700 the Tiger Shark is quite competitive.
    Dighere likes this.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

us
    Jan 2017
    Western ny
    equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
    4147 times
    I have a whites mx sport that could easily replace that at pro on that list. Surpasses it in so many ways. But for similar prices I would think the equinox 600 or 800 or kruzer would be where you should be concentrating on.
    Dighere likes this.

us
    Apr 2014
    NJ
    Whites Spectra V3i, Whites MX5, Whites BH 300, Whites MX Sport, Tek Europro, Tesoro Compadre, Makro Multi Kruzer .......... No longer own....... Etrac, CTX3030, G2, Fisher F4 Tesoro Bandido
    246 times
    I have both the MX Sport and the Makro Multi Kruzer. Both fit your needs very well.

The MX Sport comes with waterproof headphones (wired). It is rated down to 10 feet under water. It is deep, very sensitive, and fairly fast. Good selection of coils available (the new 6 inch coil is fantastic). 14kHz frequency though, so it's not the best choice for really small gold. Love the screen and the user interface. It's heavier than the Kruzer, but balanced nicely and it swings really well. Whites service is outstanding.

The Makro Multi Kruzer comes with wireless headphones (not waterproof). The included headphones are light in weight and do work well. Some users would prefer the headphones were a bit louder though. The Kruzer is rated down to 16 feet under water. It is a deep machine (depending on program used) and very fast (depending on program). The user can select one of three frequencies to hunt in. The Kruzer has a good selection of coils - the 7 inch concentric is outstanding. It has a good screen and the user interface is good. The machine is light weight and swings very well. The Kruzer has internal, rechargeable batteries.

You might also consider the Nokta/Makro Anfibio (Multi). My understanding is that it is a Kruzer with more options/programs but mounted on a straight shaft.
    Dighere likes this.

au
    Jul 2008
    TNQ
    80 times
    An alternative detector ......... Quest Pro.
    Dighere likes this.

us
    Dec 2013
    Canton, Ga
    Bountyhunter
    16 times
    Thank you everyone. Looks like I have a couple of more now to consider.
    Very helpful everyone and much appreciated!

Charter Member
    us
    DEPLORABLE

Jul 2015
    Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
    19679 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Equinox 800. It can handle land and water and also has a Gold Program. From what I have heard and witnessed, both the EQ 600 & 800 have an easy learning curve. You can also go wireless.
    Dighere likes this.
    SOMETIMES I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW ,,, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN,, Bob Seger

us
    Dec 2013
    Canton, Ga
    Bountyhunter
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ivanll View Post
    An alternative detector ......... Quest Pro.
    Haven't heard much about them (which isn't saying much). Do you have experience with one?

us
    Dec 2013
    Canton, Ga
    Bountyhunter
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahts-a-dats-ago View Post
    I have both the MX Sport and the Makro Multi Kruzer. Both fit your needs very well.

The MX Sport comes with waterproof headphones (wired). It is rated down to 10 feet under water. It is deep, very sensitive, and fairly fast. Good selection of coils available (the new 6 inch coil is fantastic). 14kHz frequency though, so it's not the best choice for really small gold. Love the screen and the user interface. It's heavier than the Kruzer, but balanced nicely and it swings really well. Whites service is outstanding.

The Makro Multi Kruzer comes with wireless headphones (not waterproof). The included headphones are light in weight and do work well. Some users would prefer the headphones were a bit louder though. The Kruzer is rated down to 16 feet under water. It is a deep machine (depending on program used) and very fast (depending on program). The user can select one of three frequencies to hunt in. The Kruzer has a good selection of coils - the 7 inch concentric is outstanding. It has a good screen and the user interface is good. The machine is light weight and swings very well. The Kruzer has internal, rechargeable batteries.

You might also consider the Nokta/Makro Anfibio (Multi). My understanding is that it is a Kruzer with more options/programs but mounted on a straight shaft.
    Sorry for my ignorance, but when you say it's fast...are you talking about recovery speed?

au
    Jul 2008
    TNQ
    80 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dighere View Post
    Haven't heard much about them (which isn't saying much). Do you have experience with one?
    I do !

There are some good video on YouTube
    Dighere likes this.

us
    It is what it is, until it "Is" what it is.

Aug 2013
    Northern Utah
    I currently run White's Spectra V3i wireless, Fisher F-70, Garrett AT-Pro, Minelab Etrac. I have owned other Fisher, Teknetics & Garrett models. Hands on with Equinox 800, Garrett AT-Max, & New Chase
    150 times
    Metal Detecting
    Dighere, the latest and greatest or rather the newest sensation is the Equinox series from Minelab, however you've been given some great advice on the White's MX Sport.
    The White's Mx-7 is water resistant (splash proof) and another good pick for less money. Both of these units have a prospecting feature and your not loosing anything to any other brand or model out there. I would add their less expensive and the MX Sport includes water proof head phones, and if you "heaven forbid" break the unit or have an issue White's has an amazing proven customer service group, Minelab has not been know for that through the years, but they have improved recently.
    Good luck!
    Stay Gold!
    Opie
    Dighere likes this.

au
    Jul 2008
    TNQ
    80 times
    I like the choice of battery you have on both the MX Sport, Garrett AT-Max and Makro Multi Kruzer.

ivanll
    Dighere likes this.

us
    Apr 2014
    NJ
    Whites Spectra V3i, Whites MX5, Whites BH 300, Whites MX Sport, Tek Europro, Tesoro Compadre, Makro Multi Kruzer .......... No longer own....... Etrac, CTX3030, G2, Fisher F4 Tesoro Bandido
    246 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dighere View Post
    Sorry for my ignorance, but when you say it's fast...are you talking about recovery speed?
    Yes.
    Dighere likes this.

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links