Z-Link review request

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was shopping for a new Garrett Carrot and a new set of headphones to replace my cheapo wired headset that-s starting to do that thing all wired headphones do, and I ran across "The Z-Lynk Wireless Headphone Kit with Z-Lynk Pro-Pointer AT" kit.

So I thought I'd ask you guys for your thoughts. Is it worth buying, or should I just stick with the basic Carrot and another new set of cheap wired headphones?

*I would be using it with my Minelab X-Terra 705*

Upvote 0
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I use the Z-Lynk wireless with many of my detectors...works great. I have not used the wireless carrot yet! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Icewing

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the Z-Lynk wireless with many of my detectors...works great. I have not used the wireless carrot yet! :occasion14:

So is reliable, fast, good battery life, no electronic interference with the metal detector control box?

$255 is a lot for me to dump on some headphones and a pinpointer, so I'd like to know what I'm getting into.

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought that exact package a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't be happier with it. It sure is nice not having to deal with the cable. The AT-Pro I use and the carrot are both live in the headphones and I can switch from one to the other without anymore than turning the carrot on and off. You will hear both at the same time if they are both on. I can't detect any delay in the response on either one.

As for battery life it lasts a lot longer than I imagined. I used it for several hours over a couple of days and it still had plenty life left. I charged it anyway and it only took a short time.

I say go for it. I don't think you will be disappointed.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mine worked great for a few months,... with my atpro....then it crapped out