Is 45' detection depth possible with this unit?

msolomon

Feb 28, 2019
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Makro Deephunter 3D
https://www.noktadetectors.com/metal-detector/deephunter-3d/

There are claims that the larger 39.5" x 23.5" search coil for this unit can reach depths of 45 feet on larger metallic objects. Can anyone with firsthand experience or technical knowledge weigh in?

There are so many companies in Turkey these days using bad business practices to sell their products (i.e. "Made in Germany" when in fact made in Turkey or China, paying highly rated reviewers to post false reviews, exaggerated capabilities etc) so unfortunately one is unable to take this company's word for it. A couple years back I spent over $4k on the "Makro Jeohunter 3D Dual System" and found it to be extremely overpriced. The "perfect metal discrimination" and metal identification capabilities claimed by the company were proven to be a total joke time and time again. I lost count how many times the screen indicated "GOLD!" and it ended up being rotten pieces of steel or rusted aluminum. In the end I realized that literally everything displayed on the fold out screen was a total waste of time.

But now the company seems to claim they have made a technological breakthrough. If this unit can really penetrate 45 feet of earth with a 39.5" x 23.5" search coil then for this price it seems like a dream machine. People seem to like the Nokta Invenio and others. So of course I want to believe.

Upvote 0

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
If u believe these other members 300 feet the record by hand ,,,,i seen 86 feet once , 50 feet 4x , 30 feet 12x ....all by hand all found nothing as far as a know at least 14 died in these holes

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
And don't forget open pit treasure hunters they dug holes up to 1000 feet wide and +30 feet deep by hand .......water there problem its limits them to these depths

OP
OP
M

msolomon

Feb 28, 2019
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
So on islands that have black sand beaches and hot rocks the size of baseballs its worthless likes a 2 box VLF or 808 i guess with all the hype they forgot to warn you .....To all companies do your tests in Florida it might help your sales (scams)

Not only did they forget to warn me... They made blatantly false claims about the units capabilities. I was even more of a noob at the time and believed everything. "PERFECT METAL DISCRIMINATION" ... "THE DEEPEST PENETRATING DETECTOR IN THE WORLD" ... "IDENTIFY DEPTH AND TYPE OF METAL" ... All totally false. This was actually the argument to Amazon when I was having trouble getting my money back. Its a little harder to get a full $4000 refund. You have to justify it much more. But for this unit it was easy... false advertising. Everyone at Amazon agreed.

The reason I was curious about the Makro Deephunter is because the only metal detector distributor in the Philippines is always pushing it as his best unit. That guy has a lot of experience because he also sells treasure site surveying services in the Philippines and he stays booked. I think hes probably a hitter because he has some very expensive equipment, but who knows. Now I'm beginning to believe hes probably pushing the Deephunter because of the mark-up on the unit. Its strange because Nokta is the same company as Makro and people really adore some of those machines. I don't know how they get away with selling such poor designs on the Makro side.

I thought maybe Makro was like KIA. Entered the market with garbage and built their way up to decent cars. Guess not.

Last edited:

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to hear that msolomon ...I will stay with old fashion P.I. and that company might be a sponsor here i already said in another post something wxsexss already

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10+ yares of troublefree service...

pic6.jpg
pic9.jpg

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
These deep treasure stories always intrigue me. The chance of someone burying a treasure that deep is extremely remote. Finding one buried that deep is even more unlikely, and even if you did, who would want to dig that deep on a hunch? Are you going to use a backhoe? Pull an Oak Island adventure and start drilling test holes hoping to pull up something definitive without severely damaging it? Spend millions doing it with the likely result being a dry hole? :dontknow:

Bingo. If you look at the history of found-caches, you don't see these insane depths. I've recovered several for "next of kin" over the years. And in each case, just a foot or two tops. Why is there any need to bury deeper ? It's equally as "hidden", as long as the top is covered and fluffed up. Burying it deeper does not hide-it-better, eh ? :icon_scratch:

And as anyone who's bottle dug old outhouse pits knows: It's back-breaking work to go down even 6 ft. by hand shoveling. So you'd have to ask yourself, if you're the one burying a treasure: "Why?" What's the use/purpose ?? And if you look at stories of past caches found (either by md'rs, or by const. workers by accident, etc...) there is not these insane depths that they turned up at.

Yet, sure as heck, folks come on to T'net inquiring about machines that can go 3 to 6 meters deep (10 ft. to 20 ft. deep). And are convinced that treasures, of necessity, are that deep. And the bigger the treasure, the deeper it must be. That's the immediate moment I smell a ghost-story telephone game legend in full swing.

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have built this from the scratch - schematics only.
Reporting 2x2' target at 10' is no problem with this detector - practicaly under any conditions.

DSC_0091.JPG

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
2×2 feet target at 8 to 10 feet deep

Ok. And curious what information gives you such accurate size and depth. Like... as opposed to only a foot or two deep ? Some in particular reason why you suspect 8 to 10 ft ?

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
Some people aren't lazy like americans they dig 50 feet for nothing whats 10 feet to a army of church goers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread