Is 45' detection depth possible with this unit?

msolomon

Feb 28, 2019
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Makro Deephunter 3D
https://www.noktadetectors.com/metal-detector/deephunter-3d/

There are claims that the larger 39.5" x 23.5" search coil for this unit can reach depths of 45 feet on larger metallic objects. Can anyone with firsthand experience or technical knowledge weigh in?

There are so many companies in Turkey these days using bad business practices to sell their products (i.e. "Made in Germany" when in fact made in Turkey or China, paying highly rated reviewers to post false reviews, exaggerated capabilities etc) so unfortunately one is unable to take this company's word for it. A couple years back I spent over $4k on the "Makro Jeohunter 3D Dual System" and found it to be extremely overpriced. The "perfect metal discrimination" and metal identification capabilities claimed by the company were proven to be a total joke time and time again. I lost count how many times the screen indicated "GOLD!" and it ended up being rotten pieces of steel or rusted aluminum. In the end I realized that literally everything displayed on the fold out screen was a total waste of time.

But now the company seems to claim they have made a technological breakthrough. If this unit can really penetrate 45 feet of earth with a 39.5" x 23.5" search coil then for this price it seems like a dream machine. People seem to like the Nokta Invenio and others. So of course I want to believe.

Upvote 0

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess these companies sell devices to look down 20' just to fools in the USA ...how many WW2 SITES people have found countless bombs dropped by planes at 10 feet down , bunkers , ....oh don't forget the clay pots in greece , rome , egypt ,china , iraq and turkey and a few others 2000 years old or older ...lets see a 500 lb bomb well its 2x2 what u know ...a big pot with gold what u know ....In the philippines there once was 172 sites 2x2 or bigger a few people searched and probably wasted there money looking for 2x2 targets 10 feet or deeper ...i guess it funny these devices sell the most in the above countries that have long histories many wars ...unlike that fake news country with its hobby detectors

Last edited:

amar

Greenie
Nov 5, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok. And curious what information gives you such accurate size and depth. Like... as opposed to only a foot or two deep ? Some in particular reason why you suspect 8 to 10 ft ?
Once a time ago my friend search metal in underground with Gemini 3 metal detector. Some indicate signal but my friend is not trained in treasure hunting so they dug 8 feet deep in night but not found any metal when they check side by side because they dig 2 feet far from target the large amount of soil drop in the earthen utensil about 2×2 feet wide and 3 feet long was seen when they try to pull pot but utensil was broken and about 200 kg silver coins drop in 8 feet and one of them right hand was fractured after they afraid and fill with soil and went their home. So I want to search again. So please give me right suggestions what's type of detector perfect for this purpose.
Sorry for my language english is not perfect.

amar

Greenie
Nov 5, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once a time ago my friend search metal in underground with Gemini 3 metal detector. Some indicate signal but my friend is not trained in treasure hunting so they dug 8 feet deep in night but not found any metal when they check side by side because they dig 2 feet far from target the large amount of soil drop in the earthen utensil about 2×2 feet wide and 3 feet long was seen when they try to pull pot but utensil was broken and about 200 kg silver coins drop in 8 feet and one of them right hand was fractured after they afraid and fill with soil and went their home. So I want to search again. So please give me right suggestions what's type of detector perfect for this purpose.
The target was found 3.5 feet deep but they dig 2 feet far from target.

OP
OP
M

msolomon

Feb 28, 2019
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The target was found 3.5 feet deep but they dig 2 feet far from target.

A common mistake with the Gemini 3 and also the White's TM 808 is thinking the detected object is being detected from the center of the machine between the two coils. But actually it is being received from directly below the front coil and for deeper targets slightly to the back of the front coil. Maybe that's why they missed it by 2 ft?

Another possibility is how the field lines of these two-box detectors are transmitted and received. The back coil is acting as the transmitter while the front coil is receiving. The position of the object in the ground can theoretically throw the detection off when trying to pinpoint the exact target location. That's why its good to scan over the object from all different directions to triangulate its exact position in the ground.

Last edited:

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
If you use those relic devices you must also have a coin machine to keep checking the hole and the sides of the hole as a pin pointer .....those 2 boxes are not accurate

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So please give me right suggestions what's type of detector perfect for this purpose.

Any deep seeking PI with large coil (1m x1m) will do.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess these companies sell devices to look down 20' just to fools in the USA ...how many WW2 SITES people have found countless bombs dropped by planes at 10 feet down , bunkers , ....oh don't forget the clay pots in greece , rome , egypt ,china , iraq and turkey and a few others 2000 years old or older ...lets see a 500 lb bomb well its 2x2 what u know ...a big pot with gold what u know ....In the philippines there once was 172 sites 2x2 or bigger a few people searched and probably wasted there money looking for 2x2 targets 10 feet or deeper ...i guess it funny these devices sell the most in the above countries that have long histories many wars ...unlike that fake news country with its hobby detectors

Interesting, your filled with so much hate for america in your posts. yet you're on an american based forum.....the irony is delicious my friend.

Last edited:

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
That because i was born in the war zone of New York and my roots are over 350 years there know your enemies ......good luck hunting my friend

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
350 years and still didn't pick up on punctuation. ;-)

...i guess it funny these devices sell the most in the above countries that have long histories many wars ...unlike that fake news country with its hobby detectors

Hard to say, because of those other countries where the government controls the news and confiscates any finds.

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
well in your neck of the woods a famous word was coined and am one of them and am so old i forget the name of the town its not far from cobleskill ...maybe schoharie ...well its the revolution town with the hills ...thanks for pointing that out charlie....seen some old forgotten graveyards back in the woods hunting in that area in the late 60s sorry can't remember the name of the town its where my friend seen a moose in the 90s..have a good day

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions