Is 45' detection depth possible with this unit?

msolomon

Feb 28, 2019
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Makro Deephunter 3D
https://www.noktadetectors.com/metal-detector/deephunter-3d/

There are claims that the larger 39.5" x 23.5" search coil for this unit can reach depths of 45 feet on larger metallic objects. Can anyone with firsthand experience or technical knowledge weigh in?

There are so many companies in Turkey these days using bad business practices to sell their products (i.e. "Made in Germany" when in fact made in Turkey or China, paying highly rated reviewers to post false reviews, exaggerated capabilities etc) so unfortunately one is unable to take this company's word for it. A couple years back I spent over $4k on the "Makro Jeohunter 3D Dual System" and found it to be extremely overpriced. The "perfect metal discrimination" and metal identification capabilities claimed by the company were proven to be a total joke time and time again. I lost count how many times the screen indicated "GOLD!" and it ended up being rotten pieces of steel or rusted aluminum. In the end I realized that literally everything displayed on the fold out screen was a total waste of time.

But now the company seems to claim they have made a technological breakthrough. If this unit can really penetrate 45 feet of earth with a 39.5" x 23.5" search coil then for this price it seems like a dream machine. People seem to like the Nokta Invenio and others. So of course I want to believe.

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard msolomon! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

metal_detector.gif
2nd - You might consider posting this question on Brands > Nokta and Makro

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like snake oil to me. All the detectors I'm aware of only show relative conductivity, not specific metals. Any detection at that depth would have to be a HUGE target.....maybe the size of a car or bigger. Who would want to dig that deep on a guess? The other question that needs to be contemplated is, why would anyone bury something that deep? Is this a landfill?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Why not just git yourself a TM 808 ?

Yes, the advertisement blitz/glitz that tries to imply that you can tell gold vs other metals, or tell "shape" (that's anything beyond giant blotches) is nothing but advertising hype and blitz.

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
A general rule of thumb is something like the detector can detect targets in terms of depth equal to the size of the coil; 7" coil - 7" deep, 11" coil - 11"deep, 17" coil - 17" deep, you get the picture. So, if it even works, I'd predict that, given coil size, it will go about 40", more or less. Of course, the bigger the target the deeper it can be detected. But 14 times more deep (to get to 45')?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Makro Deephunter 3D
https://www.noktadetectors.com/metal-detector/deephunter-3d/

There are claims that the larger 39.5" x 23.5" search coil for this unit can reach depths of 45 feet on larger metallic objects. Can anyone with firsthand experience or technical knowledge weigh in?

There are so many companies in Turkey these days using bad business practices to sell their products (i.e. "Made in Germany" when in fact made in Turkey or China, paying highly rated reviewers to post false reviews, exaggerated capabilities etc) so unfortunately one is unable to take this company's word for it. A couple years back I spent over $4k on the "Makro Jeohunter 3D Dual System" and found it to be extremely overpriced. The "perfect metal discrimination" and metal identification capabilities claimed by the company were proven to be a total joke time and time again. I lost count how many times the screen indicated "GOLD!" and it ended up being rotten pieces of steel or rusted aluminum. In the end I realized that literally everything displayed on the fold out screen was a total waste of time.

But now the company seems to claim they have made a technological breakthrough. If this unit can really penetrate 45 feet of earth with a 39.5" x 23.5" search coil then for this price it seems like a dream machine. People seem to like the Nokta Invenio and others. So of course I want to believe.

Where is this claim made (45-feet of depth)? This unit can see a car at around Nine-Meters (19-20 feet). Saw it tested in a parking lot.:skullflag:

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Also, regarding your comment about aluminum: no detector can tell you that there is gold down there. Aluminum (depending on size, weight, shape and points) will give the same numbers or sounds, regardless of machine, as gold. If anyone knows of a metal detector out there that can discriminate out aluminum but not gold, please let me know. My CTX 3030 is one of the best discriminating machines out there, but it is helpless when it comes to aluminum. And if you think for a moment that by discriminating out 12:15-23 (pull tab territory) on the CTX would help...well, sorry, try again. I've found gold throughout this range. FYI

OP
OP
M

msolomon

Feb 28, 2019
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Where is this claim made (45-feet of depth)? This unit can see a car at around Nine-Meters (19-20 feet). Saw it tested in a parking lot.:skullflag:

They are telling all their distributors that the large search coil can reach 14 meters/45 feet on long time buried metallic objects because a magnetic field is created over time. I'm friends with the distributor in my area and have came across the same claim on various other websites (metaldetector.com etc). This detector is VLF, not pulse induction. That's why I thought it could be possible to get a hit at those depths using the 39.5" x 23.5" search coil. You hear stories of some larger caches being recovered at greater depths so I thought it would be nice to have that kind of penetration capability. I own the White's TM 808 and while its a great machine for the price I know for a fact it doesn't get any where near 45 feet down. One thing I have noticed is that it will penetrate much deeper on metal objects that have been buried 50+ years. The signal can be captured while scanning from certain directions, I have had better results scanning from south to north for instance. Which leads me to believe the claim that its possible to get a signal from deeper, longer buried objects that have formed a magnetic field. If you saw it get a car at 20' that is promising since the car could not have been buried for long. Are you talking air test or did they bury the car? Thanks.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep, the excavator dug a 25 -30 foot deep hole, they dumped a 1970s Volkswagon Beetle junker in the hole, then reburied it and ran the excavator over it a few dozen times to compact the dirt. Next day they tested the machine. This took place just outside Stuttgart, Germany, about 8-months ago as a demonstration for dealers.

I agree on the "Halo Effect" surrounding long buried metal. Wet ground, mild soils, everything makes a difference.:skullflag:

OP
OP
M

msolomon

Feb 28, 2019
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Yep, the excavator dug a 25 -30 foot deep hole, they dumped a 1970s Volkswagon Beetle junker in the hole, then reburied it and ran the excavator over it a few dozen times to compact the dirt. Next day they tested the machine. This took place just outside Stuttgart, Germany, about 8-months ago as a demonstration for dealers.

I agree on the "Halo Effect" surrounding long buried metal. Wet ground, mild soils, everything makes a difference.:skullflag:

Ok, yea that's pretty good for a car buried the day before. You can get the same result with a 1 x 1 meter coil on a PI machine for half the price (https://kts-electronic.com/en/metal-detector-pulse-ar-3.html). But can you get the same increase in depth for longer buried objects with a PI unit? Anyone know?

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sure! The pulse decay is stunted by the Halo conductivity. :icon_thumright:

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
You believed there hype the first time and it cost u 4k and now wonder if this new unit can detect 45 feet ...look where the hype coming from u turkey

amar

Greenie
Nov 5, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have makro deep hunter metal detector. So I want to say that I search gaspipe line 1feet wide at the depth of 8 feet under ground with 9th sensitivity with 100T coil. I know that this machine is capable to go 10 feet deep not 45 feet. 2 problem have this unit this is heavy and ground balance is mazor problem. Not work in mineral ground if any one want more questions please ask....

OP
OP
M

msolomon

Feb 28, 2019
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have makro deep hunter metal detector. So I want to say that I search gaspipe line 1feet wide at the depth of 8 feet under ground with 9th sensitivity with 100T coil. I know that this machine is capable to go 10 feet deep not 45 feet. 2 problem have this unit this is heavy and ground balance is mazor problem. Not work in mineral ground if any one want more questions please ask....

It sounds like they didn't fix the ground balance with this unit, which is basically an upgraded Jeohunter 3D. The Jeohunter 3D was absolutely worthless where I am. Forget about it in mineralized soil. Just scratch it off your list completely. Its a waste of money. Luckily for me Amazon is really good about refunds so I got all my $4000 back. Otherwise it would have been a very painful lesson.

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
So on islands that have black sand beaches and hot rocks the size of baseballs its worthless likes a 2 box VLF or 808 i guess with all the hype they forgot to warn you .....To all companies do your tests in Florida it might help your sales (scams)

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
I remember that Green machine (garrett) ad 1973 for BFO u want a hear a good joke 24"x24" on a big target 16 feet ...What on a saturn 5 target ...My old thoughts what i seen these scam companies have gone backwards just used more hype.. Soon they be all out of business a new player at bat

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An average VLF's depth ends at around 0,5m, the really good ones can go down to 1m and some best ones dies out between 1 and 2m depth - in the soil ofcourse, not in the air. No exception seen so fare. But the magnetometer sensor may go much further than that (for iron and other feromagnetic materials). It may not detect a screw at 14m , but a burried submarine most certenly. So officialy, the advetrisment doesn't lie, it's just not telling the inire truth...

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These deep treasure stories always intrigue me. The chance of someone burying a treasure that deep is extremely remote. Finding one buried that deep is even more unlikely, and even if you did, who would want to dig that deep on a hunch? Are you going to use a backhoe? Pull an Oak Island adventure and start drilling test holes hoping to pull up something definitive without severely damaging it? Spend millions doing it with the likely result being a dry hole? :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread