Can a Minelab Monster 1000 work well as a coin shooter also?

OP
OP
detectit

detectit

Jan 24, 2009
Got an Equinox in route. Waterproof. Reviews seem be good. Hopefully any little problems are resolved now. So the stock coil should see as well as the 15"?

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really don't think you'll be disappointed. It's gonna take a little time and some patience to learn it, so I recommend to do some studying in the mean time. If you truly want a machine that will do double duty on gold nuggets AND coins, the 800 WILL get it done. I recommend the stock coil to start with. The 6" coil is just too small for my liking, and I have had no reason to get the 15" as of yet.

OP
OP
detectit

detectit

Jan 24, 2009
I really don't think you'll be disappointed. It's gonna take a little time and some patience to learn it, so I recommend to do some studying in the mean time. If you truly want a machine that will do double duty on gold nuggets AND coins, the 800 WILL get it done. I recommend the stock coil to start with. The 6" coil is just too small for my liking, and I have had no reason to get the 15" as of yet.
Yeah, I think I'm going to enjoy it. I appreciate the inputs.

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI, I forgot to mention. You will want to go to the Minelab website and download and print the instruction manual. They put some very basic instructions in the box, but the much more comprehensive one you'll need to get from the website.

Horst

Apr 13, 2017
Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 + SDC2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I do agree with our fellow treasure and goldhunters. I have been thinking about the GM1000 to replace my Whites GMT with. Gerry from Gerry's detectors opened my eyes. He said "go with the new technology" I am very happy with my new Equinox 800. I got 'em a few days after christmas. It definitly rocks. I got me the book from Clive James Clynick (Equinox From Beginner to Advanced) which helped me a lot. Before I settled for the Nox I have read so much about both machines and after all it seems they will both find VERY small gold with the exception that the Equinox tells you a lot more what you can expect from your target before you dig or don't dig it. I went to AZ in March 2018. Diggin' a bunch of trash with my SDC2300. No Gold! I had to stay away from the berms in the washes. Why? Because they are full of trash! In between all the trash there are nuggets left! Why? Because other people stay away from 'em as much as I did. The Equinox will change the game. Unfortunately I live in Germany and can't go back to AZ real easily. The GM1000 has it's place being a "turn on and go" machine. From my understanding it was made for people to use in countries, where education is not very common and/or people who want an effective, simple to learn gold machine. To effectively use the Equinox you will need to put your time in to learn the machine and read a lot, watch many videos on youtube and I highly recommend reading Clive's book. After learning more about the Nox the GM1000 is not an option for me any longer. For my trip to CA in Sep. 2019 I will just get me the 6" coil. The Nox will give you more metal detector for your money as it is a very good coin and treasure machine too. I have no trouble at all with the rod being lose or wobble!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread