Horst

Apr 13, 2017
Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 + SDC2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dear fellow treasure- and coin hunters,

as I am very much interested in a trip to the UK I had to find out that those trips are fairly expensive. After more investigations

I found something I want to share with you: https://www.farmstay.co.uk/PlacesToVisit

There is farms and B&B offering accomodation and there is an option to select by region and activities. One activity option is metal detecting. I already contacted 2 farms and wait for their feedback.

I hope this is going to help fellow hunters as well.

Just need to find out about the regulations for exporting the historic finds out of the UK. (Export permission) Maybe somebody can help???

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a few different detecting tour groups that have England hunts. A variety of prices and amenities. The nice thing about most of the all-in-one detector tours is that they take care of all the export paperwork and they get the permissions for you. Trying to do all that on your own, if you've never done it before, might be a real pain and take up a lot of your detecting time.

boss driver

Dec 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Dues, AT Pro, Tesoro Sand Shark, Excal II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was stationed there 8 years and detected every chance I got. Awesome finds but you have to beware of some of the ”organized” trips that lure folks from overseas. Easy to take tourist money with promises of finding great stuff. Kinda like seeding a gold mine. Do your research before spending your money.

OP
OP
H

Horst

Apr 13, 2017
Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
that's what I want to avoid. I would love to go on my own or on some farmland where I make station at. I guess I will pick out a farm from the above link I posted and go from there. Do you have any experience in the export procedure of antique finds from the UK?

boss driver

Dec 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Dues, AT Pro, Tesoro Sand Shark, Excal II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes. Once you get there, contact a local club and join. The treasure act is important to understand and comply with. You can register finds with your local Finds Liaison Officer. That allows the documentation of the find for historical purposes and provides the finder with all the info on the item as well. Land owners can be same as here...some say yes, some say no. Joining a club will help you make contacts. No permission - no hunting. The Night Hawking laws are getting enforced more often. Let me know where you get stationed, PM and I’ll give you some contacts if I’m familiar with the particular area. When you get ready to leave you can fill out export documents and get it approved to take the items home legally...meaning out of the country.

OP
OP
H

Horst

Apr 13, 2017
Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Many thanks for your very kind offer and good suggestions. I am just not sure if I will be able to do the trip this year. I sure would love to but can spend my bucks just once and I have a Sweden and USA (CA gold prospecting trip) coming up this year. If I had contacts let's say in the London area or anywhere I can fly in on Ryan Air from Cologne I would even go over for a long weekend and just rent a car. But to do this and have a fair chance of finding something I would need local contacts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread