$300 to $350 for a Metal Detector, thoughts? and is Nokta SimpleX any good?

Chase7628

Mar 6, 2018
CICERO NY
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, been detecting for a 2 years now and ready to upgrade from my Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, I have about $300 to $350 and could push it to $400 if it was worth it...I just got an email from a friend about the Nokta Simplex coming out soon and he said to look into this and see if it was any good? I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on other products to consider at this price point...I was originally looking at the Garrett product line the 300 or 400 and see some come with pinpointers and various other stuff in packages...

Thanks in advance for your help...

I am going to be mostly searching wooded areas, parks and yards.

Upvote 0

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have loved every Tesoro I've even owned. But I worry about them now, Don't even think about a lifetime warranty = WHAT lifefitme?

They are out of business, Dealers dont have any in stock because there is no stock to send to dealers and everyone laid off.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
They are out of business, Dealers dont have any in stock because there is no stock to send to dealers and everyone laid off.

Yep, gone. If you can find a Tejon somewhere, it'll last you a lifetime - and you'll dig some serious dirt with that machine.... I won't sell mine to you = gotta go look elsewhere....

alaskaseeker

Jun 22, 2019
Ak,Tn
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Tesoro micro maxs are good lightweight units, cant go wrong there.. Know they are out of business now but were well built and durable....

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Many, many detectors over the years. I still own every single detector listing in my profile. Except for the water, my detector of choice remains the Tesoro Tejon......

It is what it is....

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Water = the modded Excal II. Kellyco modded my Excal = great job guys!!!

We always gotta remember friends here. Kellyco, love you guys!!!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, I know I'm cheerleading, maybe had a couple more jiggers than I should have. I bought my very first detector from Kellyco in '81 or '82 = can't really remember. But them folks were ALWAYS good to me. Kellyco won't put anykinda hurting on you - don't ever worry about it = period.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DeepseekerADS, I believe Kellyco has new owners as of mid 2019, so, things may or may not change. My best advice is still to try to find a dealer and see what they have. Lots of times they also have good used machines for sale.

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chase7628:
I'm in Syracuse/Lyncourt and have both the Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer machines. If you ever want to try one out let me know, We could get together somewhere and you can take them for a spin. They are very similar in detection ability and I'm betting that the Simplex will be similar in operation to these 2 machines. I know that at 329 dollars for the full wireless package is going to be a steal. I dont think not having ground balance is going to be an issue up here in CNY dirt. Also if you haven't already, look up the Syracuse Metal Detectives on Facebook and join that if you can. There's a lot of great information there and if you're not going to go the Simplex route, there are a lot of people wanting to get rid of their used machines. Last time I went out on a group hunt everyone was swinging Nox's!

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll wait until Calabash Digger posts a comment-disabled video trashing the detector. Then I will know it's a good detector :laughing7:

gwcracker

Aug 5, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many cannot go long without the latest and greatest detector to hit the market.
This leaves their last latest and greatest model up for sale at bargain basement prices.
That is what I would be looking for on a budget.

g

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think the Simplex, will be the greatest, just the latest. I don't know why guys with 3 detectors or more are ready to jump on the Simplex bandwagon just because it's new. Ok, I have a Racer 2 and a Kruzer. I thought the Kruzer would replace my Racer 2 but I'm finding the Kruzer is good for the beach and very trashy areas while the Racer 2 is better for everything else.

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the money i think it's the best what is on the market today. I own a Nox and Deus and can compare. I have used the Simplex for a few days and can already say this. It's a deep detector in mild ground. I think i get the same depth with the simplex as the Nox. The balance is right, not nose heavy, as good as the nox. It loves coins but it is sparky. When i'm coin shooting in very trashy areas i have to use notch or it is to difficult. I rather would have 5 tones on the machine then 3, i always use 5 tones on my Nox and Deus. Building quality is also ok. If i had to choose between multifrequency with the Vanquish or what i get on the Simplex, i choose the Simplex.

A7thson

Greenie
Oct 10, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread is 7 months old, I sure hope they made their decision by now.

jk1031

Dec 7, 2014
Lockhart, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+ & Nokta Makro PulseDive
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@☠ Cipher

I pre-ordered one, and I just got the news from my dealer that it should be arriving tomorrow. By the way, love your profile pic. Best movie ever!

Last edited:

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Chase,

the buttons on the Simplex are rather hard to press and you must hold the pinpointer button down constantly with your thumb when pinpointing and thumb can get tired after a while.
well built sold detector and compares well to other entry level sub $400 detectors.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread