vibraprobe 570 first impressions

re-tek

Jul 15, 2007
miami fl
Detector(s) used
coinstrike, tigershark, ace250, OLD radioshack
got one today from kellyco. its very well made. the holster is real nice. you tip it up for one second to turn it on, then tip it back down to use it. as you get closer to the target it pulses. the closer you are, the more it pulses. when you're done using it you just keep it away from metal and it shuts off after a couple of minutes. it pulses twice to tell you its shutting off.

it uses a 9 volt battery and the unit is waterproof down to 30 feet. the way you access the battery is via a compression plug similar in design to a boat hull plug. as you tighten the plug, it squeezes itself and expands. the holster is similar in quality to those found on quality knives. the holster is meant to go on a belt and you must take off your belt to pass it through the loop in the holster.

this probe requires movement to keep responding. if you just put it next to a target it will pulse an indication of how close the target is and then it will stop until you move it.

Upvote 0

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
re-tek said:
got one today from kellyco. its very well made. the holster is real nice. you tip it up for one second to turn it on, then tip it back down to use it. as you get closer to the target it pulses. the closer you are, the more it pulses. when you're done using it you just keep it away from metal and it shuts off after a couple of minutes. it pulses twice to tell you its shutting off.

it uses a 9 volt battery and the unit is waterproof down to 30 feet. the way you access the battery is via a compression plug similar in design to a boat hull plug. as you tighten the plug, it squeezes itself and expands. the holster is similar in quality to those found on quality knives. the holster is meant to go on a belt and you must take off your belt to pass it through the loop in the holster.

this probe requires movement to keep responding. if you just put it next to a target it will pulse an indication of how close the target is and then it will stop until you move it.

This is the best probe available.

Today I compared the White's pinpointer and the Vibraprobe.

The White's was not nearly as sensitive :dontknow:, and required pushing a button each time; the Vibraprobe stays on, and is very sensitive to targets. :headbang:

The Vibraprobe RULES! :icon_thumright:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detectorpro's Uniprobe, Pocketprobe, and Pistol probe will blow both of them out of the water. You can get 4-6 inches on all 3 of them. Wands are waterproof, controls are not, but at the beach I never use a probe anyway.......

I still have the Vibraprobe 570 but never use it. About the max you will get with it is 1 inch plus or minus a little or so....

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
Detectorpro's Uniprobe, Pocketprobe, and Pistol probe will blow both of them out of the water. You can get 4-6 inches on all 3 of them. Wands are waterproof, controls are not, but at the beach I never use a probe anyway.......

I still have the Vibraprobe 570 but never use it. About the max you will get with it is 1 inch plus or minus a little or so....

Thanks,

I'll check them out.

:icon_thumright:

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love them, they are more durable than whites and you never have to worry about dunking them in the mud. However, I have been through a few batteries when they are accidentally left near metal or pointing up.

HH
-GC

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
I also use a Vibraprobe. When it is not in use, between hunts, I disconnect the battery.

It is durable and waterproof. It has performed for years without a problem. Personally, I do not want a pinpointer with 5 inch range, I use my MD to pinpoint and the Vibraprobe to located the target. The shorter detection range on the Vibraprobe is exactly what I am looking for. The other probes may be fine, depending on what kind of performance you want, but I am satisfied with the Vibraprobe. Definately a personal choice.

Ray S ECenFL

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ray, the detectorpro is adjustible, you can set it for 1/2 inch up to 6 inch. YOu can also run it under metal bleachers, and around metal playground equipment where you can't swing a detector.

I found a couple gold rings and $300 gold NYC police badge charm with it that I never would have found if it didn't have that adjustible ability. You could not swing a detector or even put it under the equipment as the metal legs were about 8 inches apart and everywhere. I adjusted the detectorprobe for about 2 inchs and started running it under the mulch, that is how I found the badge.

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Treasure_Hunter said:
Ray, the detectorpro is adjustible, you can set it for 1/2 inch up to 6 inch. YOu can also run it under metal bleachers, and around metal playground equipment where you can't swing a detector.

I found a couple gold rings and $300 gold NYC police badge charm with it that I never would have found if it didn't have that adjustible ability. You could not swing a detector or even put it under the equipment as the metal legs were about 8 inches apart and everywhere. I adjusted the detectorprobe for about 2 inchs and started running it under the mulch, that is how I found the badge.

Good info to know. Thanks.

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
I used a vibra probe for along time until I got a Sunray. The vibraprobe served me well for a long time and recommend it to anyone wanting a probe.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread