Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Why people sell new metal detectors?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    gb
    Paul Martin

Feb 2015
    Scarborough, England
    Minelab Equinox 600/Deteknix Xpointer pro pointer/Gray Ghost Amphibian headphones.
    140 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by eman1000 View Post
    I have noticed several people selling their Equinox (Some may be upgrading from 600 to 800)

I sold mine for a few reasons (None of which have any bearing on if it is a good machine or not) - I still think its a great machine.
    - VDI Range (I prefer a larger range of numbers as for me it makes it easier to remember different coin ranges)
    - Backlight ( I hunt often between 7pm and 10pm and the Nox 600 light was too bright - probably could have tried some screen covers for this)
    - Tones ( I picked up a used Whites machine and really liked the tones when it hit on coins)

All of these factors and the lower price of used machines made me want to try something else out. I like trying new machines almost as much as I like finding silver, so if I had the money I would buy an E-TRAC, CTX, DEUS & KRUZER if I could.

I can't tell you how the V3i performs yet in comparison but I can tell you that it is considerably heavier, not waterproof, & eats batteries. I do like the color screen, menu, light and the pin point switch on the bottom so we will see.
    Fair enough buddy. For sure the Nox isn't perfect(what detector is) but for the price I do think it's unbeatable. The nox will do me for now, until maybe a new beach/water manta technology machine comes out.
    RustyGold likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    20549 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Eman100, your list was very well thought out. I agree with #1, as I see it all the time; people do not to take the time (100 hours+) to understand and gain confidence in its use!
    Loco-Digger and RustyGold like this.

us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    11022 times
    Metal Detecting
    Some people enjoy the buying more than the using. Newest, latest, more features, improved, gluten free.

Marketing is not lost on some audiences.
    Opie, Loco-Digger and eman1000 like this.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

us
    It is what it is, until it "Is" what it is.

Aug 2013
    Northern Utah
    I currently run White's Spectra V3i wireless, Fisher F-70, Garrett AT-Pro, Minelab Etrac. I have owned other Fisher, Teknetics & Garrett models. Hands on with Equinox 800, Garrett AT-Max, & New Chase
    150 times
    Metal Detecting
    Loved it Charlie! can we add "Non-GMO" to that too,,,lol!!
    Opie

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    16408 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    You and your family are on a tight budget.

You find TreasureNet, and you get the fever.

You don't consult with your wife and you order one on-line.

She sees the package first and asks what the heck it is when you get home from work.

She don't like you right then....
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

us
    Feb 2014
    Ohio and Florida
    CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils, Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, BH Discovery 3300 w 7" coil, Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil Vibra-Tector 730 w 4" coil, Fisher Pulse Pointer, Whites (1970s)
    1285 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    900 bucks isn't much for a lot of people anymore (to buy a NOX 800); they try it, don't like it, sell it. end of story.

On a related topic touched on, I think every time we post a great find (GOLD RING) we contribute to the belief that metal detecting is easy and look what ya find! Who wouldn't want to try it? When was the last time you read a post, from a seasoned MDer, about spending hrs MDing and finding just foil, aluminum, pull-tabs and bottle caps? Ok, add 3 cents too! You get the picture? When you read most of our finds posts it is the rare or at least scarce event when we actually found something worth posting. Can't count the times I came home with just a few cents and the rest junk after hunting 5 hrs in the surf. We don't report most of these times and lack of finds. Thus the bias.
    dsrtdwg1 and RustyGold like this.
    Metal Detecting Goal in Life is to Find Wife a 2ct Diamond Ring (so she'll be quiet about all my metal detecting).

si
    Nov 2017
    Countryside
    DBP2010, eeTH
    22 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by LawrencetheMDer View Post
    , .......about spending hrs MDing and finding just foil, aluminum, pull-tabs and bottle caps? Ok, add 3 cents too! You get the picture? When you read most of our finds posts it is the rare or at least scarce event when we actually found something worth posting. Can't count the times I came home with just a few cents and the rest junk after hunting 5 hrs in the surf. We don't report most of these times and lack of finds. Thus the bias.
    Best finds are never published.

Mar 2008
    snow hill, MD
    Fisher F70
    970 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    never sold one I just throw it in the attic for my backup for the backup lol. from my first bounty hunter and all my fishers, just did get the nox 800 and love it, have about 10 hrs on it and know it pretty good. I usally only change detectors when mine getting wore out. People need to get use to the machine and not wanting it to match them because that day will never come, just learn what you have the more you use it the more youll match it.

Apr 2017
    Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2 Nokta pinpointer
    1142 times
    Quote Originally Posted by LawrencetheMDer View Post
    900 bucks isn't much for a lot of people anymore (to buy a NOX 800); they try it, don't like it, sell it. end of story.

100HRS is ALOT of time for some people. Time is my biggest issue these days. Its the main reason why I havent bought another detector in the last 12 months. Would love a nox but then it would be a wardrobe ornament while the warranty ebbs away...

Also when people realise its just another tector and it can only find whats there...

chub

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links