Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Last trip to the swamp before the summer overgrowth takes over.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Northern California

Aug 2007
    Southern California
    XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
    4374 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Hi Truth1253, a spot like that would call to any deranged person with a metal detecting hobby (like all of us here especially me). Never before gave any thought to locations on the ground and how important certain land features could be for locating a possible camp site, like a high spot in a swamp. In some cases that is even true at one spot in the Sierra Nevada Gold Country of California, found a good sized mound with narrow 5' long notches formed all around that mound. Turns out the notches were bedding sites for each gold miner.

A thought for you concerning the nerve/muscle issue - I've found that a good firm tennis ball between myself and a rough textured wall makes a good massaging situation. It takes a bit of practice to keep the ball between you and the wall but once mastered it works and helps a lot to do some Gentle massaging throughout the day. Being 75 years of age I do a fair amount of this from time to time so I know it works and saves a lot of money from going to a professional massage therapist, though they are also very helpful!
    A Nox 800, that must be fun to work with, I've read lot's of good reports about that machine. Do you have the wireless earphone setup with it?.............63bkpkr
    Last edited by 63bkpkr; Apr 13, 2019 at 06:50 PM.
    Truth1253 and Deep1 like this.
    Out searching w/GMT & friend under my arm

Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    20512 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by 63bkpkr View Post
    Hi Truth1253, a spot like that would call to any deranged person with a metal detecting hobby (like all of us here especially me). Never before gave any thought to locations on the ground and how important certain land features could be for locating a possible camp site, like a high spot in a swamp. In some cases that is even true at one spot in the Sierra Nevada Gold Country of California, found a good sized mound with narrow 5' long notches formed all around that mound. Turns out the notches were bedding sites for each gold miner.

A thought for you concerning the nerve/muscle issue - I've found that a good firm tennis ball between myself and a rough textured wall makes a good massaging situation. It takes a bit of practice to keep the ball between you and the wall but once mastered it works and helps a lot to do some Gentle massaging throughout the day. Being 75 years of age I do a fair amount of this from time to time so I know it works and saves a lot of money from going to a professional massage therapist, though they are also very helpful!
    A Nox 800, that must be fun to work with, I've read lot's of good reports about that machine. Do you have the wireless earphone setup with it?.............63bkpkr
    I sure do 63 I like the Equinox. I make 50 in June and Iím tell you Iím feeling the first effects of age starting to show. Iím not that young gazelle anymore lol

This spot is hard to get to you basically have to drive along the railroad tracks on the loose rocks with the fear off getting stuck and itís about a mile down. The mound is the only place with a Oak Tree so it looked like a interesting spot. Hard digging but I had great rewards.

And I will try that tennis ball trick I promise you that. Keep in touch 63.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links