Last trip to the swamp before the summer overgrowth takes over.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Me and good ole Possum took our last trip to our spot in the swamp by the tracks. Hardest grown we ever hunted the shells and roots are the worst it’s basically a shell mound. I’ve been sick in bed for the last 2 weeks with the flu and this was my first day out. Not only was it a bust but by me wanting to move a fallen tree to see if I was missing the one spot all winter I pulled my sciatic nerve when a swamp vine sprang the tree back when I gave it the heave ho....ouch! I knew what it was that very second and ended the trip.....bed bound again uggggh. Anyone who has dealt with the sciatic nerve knows what I’m taking about. I like to thank God and my friend Mark, who should me this spot, for allowing me to find 5 major bucket listers from this small high spot in the middle of the swamp. See ya next year!! 1852 Trime IMG_2292.jpg IMG_2291.jpg 1840 O Seated Liberty Half Dime IMG_2345.jpg IMG_2346.jpg My first Burnside bullet and cartridges IMG_2285.jpg My first 2 General Service Buttons IMG_2062.jpg IMG_2063.jpg IMG_2069.jpg IMG_2065.jpg My very first J Hook IMG_1975.jpg
And other things IMG_2032.jpg IMG_2033.jpg IMG_2037.jpg IMG_1945.jpg IMG_2064.jpg IMG_2041.jpg IMG_2042.jpg IMG_2066.jpg IMG_2039.jpg IMG_1991.jpg IMG_1997.jpg IMG_1959.jpg IMG_1960.jpg Bye old friend IMG_2344.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth glad to hear you are recovering, nothing like them type of finds to put some pep in the atep:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Truth glad to hear you are recovering, nothing like them type of finds to put some pep in the atep:icon_thumleft:

BH the pep in the step was left there. I can barely walk I did this before and it’s never been the same. When I mess up it reminds me for a week of pain. Sucks getting old lol

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should try to find a good licensed acupuncturist. Mine does miracles with any kind of pain. My first visit, I hobbled in bent over and dragging my right leg that felt like it was on fire. I walked out upright and pain free 1 1/2 hours later after 2 years of constant pain. I go for "tune ups" every 6 weeks or so to stay functioning.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You should try to find a good licensed acupuncturist. Mine does miracles with any kind of pain. My first visit, I hobbled in bent over and dragging my right leg that felt like it was on fire. I walked out upright and pain free 1 1/2 hours later after 2 years of constant pain. I go for "tune ups" every 6 weeks or so to stay functioning.

Damn thanks for that info. I pulled it so years ago and now one wrong twist and I’m hurting for a week. It’s literally a pain in my ass bad!!

Tasmorn

Jun 9, 2013
Laplace, La
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Nox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, Get better. Thanks for sharing. If ya'll ever near Laplace or need help please give me a shout. good digging

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Nice finds! I have had the sciatica..and then the surgery. It took a long time to walk right again but now it's MUCH better. (I disintegrated 2 disks) I haven't been sick for a few years, but just this week came down with the projectile stuff, vertigo, nausea.. I hate it! On another note are you saying it's gonna be ANOTHER year before the Swamp is drained??? :BangHead:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Good that you two got out again.
Ya , that nerve is one of those things that'll make a preacher cuss when it twangs....

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds! I have had the sciatica..and then the surgery. It took a long time to walk right again but now it's MUCH better. (I disintegrated 2 disks) I haven't been sick for a few years, but just this week came down with the projectile stuff, vertigo, nausea.. I hate it! On another note are you saying it's gonna be ANOTHER year before the Swamp is drained??? :BangHead:

Yeah when it gets Spring it starts to get overgrowth and by summer it’s gone.

ConshyBoy

Sep 11, 2018
Conshohocken PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000 Garrett Ace 400 BH Tracker 4 Vulcan 360 AT Pro Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man you ain’t lying every time I move it hurts to high hell.

I feel ya bro have sciatica and lumbar issues been dealing with 3 cracked ribs the last 3 weeks haven’t been able to get out Detecting at all the last month hopefully this going to a park where a seminary and an all boys school once stood back in the early 1800s and another site where a school once stood A762BC00-12D7-4E2E-82A2-C4CAE4F61CAA.jpeg

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel ya bro have sciatica and lumbar issues been dealing with 3 cracked ribs the last 3 weeks haven’t been able to get out Detecting at all the last month hopefully this going to a park where a seminary and an all boys school once stood back in the early 1800s and another site where a school once stood View attachment 1699690

Man I feel you. Well you know how I said that was my last trip? Well.....I going one more time tomorrow I’ve been laying too long and this spot is calling me ONE MORE TIME. Lol I can’t help it, snakes, gators, wild bores, vines, shells, swamp roots and not a easy spot to get too without possibly getting stuck BUT I need to know if there one more thing there. Just when my leg is 80% better. I’m nuts.

Last edited:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Truth1253, a spot like that would call to any deranged person with a metal detecting hobby (like all of us here especially me). Never before gave any thought to locations on the ground and how important certain land features could be for locating a possible camp site, like a high spot in a swamp. In some cases that is even true at one spot in the Sierra Nevada Gold Country of California, found a good sized mound with narrow 5' long notches formed all around that mound. Turns out the notches were bedding sites for each gold miner.

A thought for you concerning the nerve/muscle issue - I've found that a good firm tennis ball between myself and a rough textured wall makes a good massaging situation. It takes a bit of practice to keep the ball between you and the wall but once mastered it works and helps a lot to do some Gentle massaging throughout the day. Being 75 years of age I do a fair amount of this from time to time so I know it works and saves a lot of money from going to a professional massage therapist, though they are also very helpful!
A Nox 800, that must be fun to work with, I've read lot's of good reports about that machine. Do you have the wireless earphone setup with it?.............63bkpkr

Last edited:
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Truth1253, a spot like that would call to any deranged person with a metal detecting hobby (like all of us here especially me). Never before gave any thought to locations on the ground and how important certain land features could be for locating a possible camp site, like a high spot in a swamp. In some cases that is even true at one spot in the Sierra Nevada Gold Country of California, found a good sized mound with narrow 5' long notches formed all around that mound. Turns out the notches were bedding sites for each gold miner.

A thought for you concerning the nerve/muscle issue - I've found that a good firm tennis ball between myself and a rough textured wall makes a good massaging situation. It takes a bit of practice to keep the ball between you and the wall but once mastered it works and helps a lot to do some Gentle massaging throughout the day. Being 75 years of age I do a fair amount of this from time to time so I know it works and saves a lot of money from going to a professional massage therapist, though they are also very helpful!
A Nox 800, that must be fun to work with, I've read lot's of good reports about that machine. Do you have the wireless earphone setup with it?.............63bkpkr

I sure do 63 I like the Equinox. I make 50 in June and I’m tell you I’m feeling the first effects of age starting to show. I’m not that young gazelle anymore lol

This spot is hard to get to you basically have to drive along the railroad tracks on the loose rocks with the fear off getting stuck and it’s about a mile down. The mound is the only place with a Oak Tree so it looked like a interesting spot. Hard digging but I had great rewards.

And I will try that tennis ball trick I promise you that. Keep in touch 63.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread