Amazing Seminole war site finds

history preserved

Mar 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey all. Been a while since I posted on here. So, a couple of weeks ago, my friend Britain and I gained permission to a property that I’ve been trying to get on for years. It’s on the site of an old second Seminole war fort (1830’s) that has never been hunted. It was incredible to say the least. In 3 hours between the 2 of us we dug 50 musket balls, 20 buttons, 2 flaming hat insignia pieces, and I dug an amazing plume holder. Check it out. Probably one of my favorite hunts of all time. Here’s my pile. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1554068166.915460.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1554068189.109185.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1554068201.494826.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1554068232.879991.jpg

Upvote 0

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! What a great site. Enjoy it as long as you can and save all that great history. Congratulations!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome scores, amazing day, I bet you smiled the whole time. Congrats on digging history.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well Done on saving History. Very nice relics. Congratulations.

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome hunt to say the least. Hopefully you're able to go back and find more.

OP
OP
history preserved

history preserved

Mar 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome hunt to say the least. Hopefully you're able to go back and find more.

Well, I wish the same thing. Unfortunately we went back and he wouldn’t let us on again. As I said, I have tried for years to get on this property and he’s always said no. For some reason one day, my friend and I convinced him to let us on. We were very carful and I have him about half of my finds and a gift card to a restaurant, but he just said “not today”. I’m going to let it settle for a couple months and try again.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Utterly stunning finds ! Hopefully you can get back out there.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Killer finds. That plume holder is a real treasure.

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
to me, if a person is willing to approach and ask permission, why would you not let them relic hunt and explore? I have had many an old farmer shut me down until I explain in depth why I do this hobby and what possibilities are out there. Most simple people prior to our generation just don’t put much mind to their grand parents or great grand parents history. For example, my grandmother still talks about how her grandpa would find arrowheads, pick them up, look at them, then toss them right back in the dirt. Settlers in the Midwest just wanted to survive, their history prior to Ww2 was largely disregarded on the home site front by society as it advanced around them. Only since about the late 70s has documentation and research been readily available. That’s what I find here anyway. That and most property owners have no knowledge of using a metal detector outside a city park!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread