Accurate Locators Pinpointer Pro

msolomon

Feb 28, 2019
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
View attachment 1698222

Does anyone here own this device or have experience using it? I'm just curious if anyone has any real life experience using it to reach a buried object or natural metal vein at great depths. The distributor in my area claims the maximum depth of magnetic anomaly detection is 120 ft for this unit. That is extreme and somewhat hard to believe. So I'm just curious if anyone can back up that claim.

Upvote 0

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a lot of "profesional magnetometer" instruments in the hobby market, usually at enormous price; most are OK, but i heard there are some fakes too, so it's advisable to stay with esteblished names and real professional line.
The technology of measuring Earth magnetic field gradient over a short distance (usually two carefully alligned magnetic sensors - such as fluxgate-are used in the instrument) offers mind blowing depths by finding minute magnetic anomalies. So you can better belive it, BUT...... oh yes, the true questione is what exactly can be found. First, target must be made of para or fero-magnetic material. Lookiing at common feromagnetic metals, the list is rather short: iron, nickel, cobalt and neodymium. For all practical purpose, one would probably stuck with iron only. Such materials as iron ores and magnetite minerale deposits can also be located with magnetometer. So how big should an iron target be to be found with magnetometer? Well, the bigger, the deeper can be found; military is using such sensors mounted on helicopters to search for submarines, just to get the picture. So, the magnetite deposits - measuret in tones- could be found at 120' , maybe even deeper, but not a german WWII helmet. Sounds like useless for TH, but not really. A lot of hunters is using a chip version of magnetometer to complement with a deep PI, to get a 100% discrimination info of the target being ferous or something else.

EGY fox

Greenie
Mar 27, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I THINK GEM VLF SYSTEM CAN DO UR JOB 9600 USD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread