9 volt rechargeable

zippi

Mar 28, 2018
Evansville, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am also curious as to what 9 volt rechargeable batterys others are using.

desmobob

Apr 10, 2005
upstate NY -- Lake George region
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus, White's DFX, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My go-to source for rechargeable batteries and chargers has always been Thomas Distributing. They do offer rechargeable 9V batteries in NiMH, low self-discharge type NiMH, and lithium polymer. But, they only offer chargers for the NiMh batteries with no option for USB power (that may be a voltage requirement issue) and they tend to be expensive. I thought I would be able to point you toward what you were looking for but I struck out with my usual source.

Good luck in your search!

mh9162013

Mar 22, 2019
KY
Detector(s) used
Fisher Research Labs F2, Equinox 600, Pro-Find 35, & Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My go-to source for rechargeable batteries and chargers has always been Thomas Distributing. They do offer rechargeable 9V batteries in NiMH, low self-discharge type NiMH, and lithium polymer. But, they only offer chargers for the NiMh batteries with no option for USB power (that may be a voltage requirement issue) and they tend to be expensive. I thought I would be able to point you toward what you were looking for but I struck out with my usual source.

Good luck in your search!

Or a capacity issue. Rechargeable 9V batteries are already a tad low on run time as it is.

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
USB standards below 3.1 are limited to 5v. USB 3.1 is capable of 20v. I don't think you'd be able to have both the controller and cells fit in 9v size without sacrificing most of the capacity. Most AA USB tend to have a lot less than than their rated 1400 or so mAh.

Here's one that uses dual cell charging at Amazon

Still a little shy on voltage.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I use EBL 600mAh 9 volt rechargeable battery. You can find them and a charger for $14.29 (one charger and two batteries) on Feebay. I use them in all of my Garrett pin pointers with no problems.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread