Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Treasure_Hunter
  • 1 Post By LawrencetheMDer

Thread: First beach Metal Detecting trip, Vero Beach south

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Bill

Oct 2013
    Lakeland, Fl
    Garrett ATP
    34 times
    Metal Detecting

First beach Metal Detecting trip, Vero Beach south

[At last making my first dedicated beach metal detecting trip. No schedule, just me on the fly starting Monday. Planning on heading south from Vero Beach on rt1 and a1a. Where I'll end up, not sure, maybe breaches near Miami. Checking the map for beaches I'll come across. Plan on staying a min. of 2 hours at each beach, unless it's productive. If not crowded ( I'm kind of shy), start in the dry sand, then toward the surf line. Will have a wet suit lower if the water is calm enough to detect. Have waterproof headphones. I'll be happy with whatever I find, but it would be nice to find something special. I know I'll learn a lot about beach detecting on this trip. Anybody have some suggestions of beaches to hunt? Wish me luck! [/B]

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    28962 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Good luck, remember stay out of the water till your south of Ft. Pierce, Vero Beach is just south of the middle of 1715 leases.
    RedBaron and 63bkpkr like this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Bill

Oct 2013
    Lakeland, Fl
    Garrett ATP
    34 times
    Metal Detecting
    Thank you. My plans were only to the low tide line until I got farther south.

2nd Amendment, something that cannot be lost.

Parabellum, I agree. I own 2 Navy Luger P08 Parabellums.

US Coast Guard 1969-1989

us
    Feb 2014
    Ohio and Florida
    CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils, Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, BH Discovery 3300 w 7" coil, Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil Vibra-Tector 730 w 4" coil, Fisher Pulse Pointer, Whites (1970s)
    1353 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Agree w Treasure Hunter. Also, Surf is rough along that part of east coast; constant 3-footers day and night making surf hunting challenging even for seasoned hunters. Not sure how far u have to go to get calmer surf, but surf is nice in Lauderdale-by-the-sea area, just north of Ft. Lauderdale.
    63bkpkr likes this.
    Metal Detecting Goal in Life is to Find Wife a 2ct Diamond Ring (so she'll be quiet about all my metal detecting).

us
    Feb 2014
    Ohio and Florida
    CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils, Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, BH Discovery 3300 w 7" coil, Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil Vibra-Tector 730 w 4" coil, Fisher Pulse Pointer, Whites (1970s)
    1353 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Also, lots of east coast Florida beaches are being artificially replenished w sand and nothing in new sand worth hunting. Anyone w updates as to which beaches are being replenished w sand might help ya.
    Metal Detecting Goal in Life is to Find Wife a 2ct Diamond Ring (so she'll be quiet about all my metal detecting).

us
    Northern California

Aug 2007
    Southern California
    XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
    4374 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Hi RedBaron, when I first started detecting I was Overly Shy!!!!! Then I noticed a sidewalk tear out and went for it. I was totally absorbed in listening to my headphones then I started feeling edgy so I checked the time of day, it was mid morning with traffic (people in the cars) so I decided to leave. As I headed for my bicycle with the detector still on, swinging the coil as I walked, there was this Tremendous Belch from the machine that nearly blew my ears out! I thought "what kind of bottle cap do I have under the coil", moved the coil aside and sure enough there was that tel-tale circle on the top of the ground. I pushed on one corner of the bottle cap only to have a gold ring roll up and out of the ground where it had been encased under the sidewalk for who know's how many years. After that I was No Longer Shy! Have good times while you are out there but watch out for the waves!.............673bkpkr
    Out searching w/GMT & friend under my arm

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links