First beach Metal Detecting trip, Vero Beach south

RedBaron

Oct 24, 2013
Lakeland, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
[At last making my first dedicated beach metal detecting trip. No schedule, just me on the fly starting Monday. Planning on heading south from Vero Beach on rt1 and a1a. Where I'll end up, not sure, maybe breaches near Miami. Checking the map for beaches I'll come across. Plan on staying a min. of 2 hours at each beach, unless it's productive. If not crowded ( I'm kind of shy), start in the dry sand, then toward the surf line. Will have a wet suit lower if the water is calm enough to detect. Have waterproof headphones. I'll be happy with whatever I find, but it would be nice to find something special. I know I'll learn a lot about beach detecting on this trip. Anybody have some suggestions of beaches to hunt? Wish me luck! [/B]

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck, remember stay out of the water till your south of Ft. Pierce, Vero Beach is just south of the middle of 1715 leases.

OP
OP
R

RedBaron

Oct 24, 2013
Lakeland, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you. My plans were only to the low tide line until I got farther south.

2nd Amendment, something that cannot be lost.

Parabellum, I agree. I own 2 Navy Luger P08 Parabellums.

US Coast Guard 1969-1989

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Agree w Treasure Hunter. Also, Surf is rough along that part of east coast; constant 3-footers day and night making surf hunting challenging even for seasoned hunters. Not sure how far u have to go to get calmer surf, but surf is nice in Lauderdale-by-the-sea area, just north of Ft. Lauderdale.

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Also, lots of east coast Florida beaches are being artificially replenished w sand and nothing in new sand worth hunting. Anyone w updates as to which beaches are being replenished w sand might help ya.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi RedBaron, when I first started detecting I was Overly Shy!!!!! Then I noticed a sidewalk tear out and went for it. I was totally absorbed in listening to my headphones then I started feeling edgy so I checked the time of day, it was mid morning with traffic (people in the cars) so I decided to leave. As I headed for my bicycle with the detector still on, swinging the coil as I walked, there was this Tremendous Belch from the machine that nearly blew my ears out! I thought "what kind of bottle cap do I have under the coil", moved the coil aside and sure enough there was that tel-tale circle on the top of the ground. I pushed on one corner of the bottle cap only to have a gold ring roll up and out of the ground where it had been encased under the sidewalk for who know's how many years. After that I was No Longer Shy! Have good times while you are out there but watch out for the waves!.............673bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread