Favorite "Suggested" Large Coil for AT Max?

retrodog

Tenderfoot
Mar 13, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got an AT Max and want to go do a lot of detecting at the beach, as Galveston is just about 25 miles away from my house. I've been already doing so with the supplied DD 8.5x11 and it's working very well. But I'd like a bigger pattern for my sweeping of the area. I've seen a few on Amazon and around and some are unclear whether they work with the Max, or just the Pro.

So what would be a good one to get for this activity? And I'm talking dry, wet, and possibly under the surf water.

Also, as a bonus question, which one of the small (Super Sniper) coils would be best for working around trees and up against buildings in other areas?

Thanks. Just getting back into this hobby after a very long time away.

Upvote 0

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detech Ultimate 13” is an awesome coil. Deep and lighter than stock coil

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi retrodog, if you check out the Hoover Boys on youtube, they use AT max with Nel Coils and like them........63bkokr

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tornado seems to be a very good coil for the Max. My preference for a while now has been the stock coil. Go figure. You just have to walk over it.

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the NEL Storm coil, its a great coil especially compared to the stock coil, really stabilizes the tones, but get ready for some arm pump because itll wear you out till you get used to it, then you can win arm wrestling matches no problem

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread