Tripster

Apr 9, 2019
Palm Coast.Fl
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found two identical objects on two Atlantic beaches 35 miles apart. If anyone has any ideas let me know.

The silver dollar is pictured for size comparison. They have what looks like cheese cloth on both sides. The one on the left is intact. The "cloth" pieces on the other came off in cleaning. There are no obvious markings on the metal. It is magnetic.

Attachments

• unknown md finds 001.JPG
    unknown md finds 001.JPG
    194.3 KB · Views: 227
  • unknown md finds 002.JPG
    unknown md finds 002.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 143
Upvote 0

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Can't tell you exactly what they are, but can say there's scores of what I call "mystery coins" like those, that show up with enough beach hunting. Eg.: UN-identifiable discs. I've even found them in stage stops and mission era sites (some of them even silver !). They could be slug punch-outs, etc...... And no matter how much you study them, there's zero writing or design, etc.... :(

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet! Some close-up photos might help. I suspect they're the bottom of of an item that needed to have a non-mar surface......hence the cloth. Just about any quality item that is designed to sit on wood furniture uses that type of design and material. I'm thinking drink coaster, vase, figurine, or similar.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some close ups and try posting in what is it forum

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet from Mi Tommy

OP
OP
T

Tripster

Apr 9, 2019
Palm Coast.Fl
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to all for replies. Aside from clicking on the above pics for enlargement, equipment I have won't bring any more clarity. Thanks for the welcome. This is quite a website!

OP
OP
T

Tripster

Apr 9, 2019
Palm Coast.Fl
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michigan neighbor

Lived at U of M awhile back, 1964-68. Raised in Walled Lake. Now in Florida. Do miss the change in seasons and ice-fishing. Crazy eh!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread