Just got done with doctors

OP
OP
C

ConshyBoy

Sep 11, 2018
Conshohocken PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000 Garrett Ace 400 BH Tracker 4 Vulcan 360 AT Pro Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Prayers sent for your speedy recovery!

reaper8496

Apr 19, 2015
Somewhere in Central PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, I feel so bad for you getting into an accident right as we are getting into the warm detecting months! We will all keep you in our thoughts and prayers so that you can get out there to do some swinging with the rest of us! May God bless you with His gentle healing touch and keep you as comfortable as possible, friend.

OP
OP
C

ConshyBoy

Sep 11, 2018
Conshohocken PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000 Garrett Ace 400 BH Tracker 4 Vulcan 360 AT Pro Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been in a very bad accident broken pelvis n ribs please pray for me i I need you r prayers
Haven’t moved from hospital bed 🛌 in 10 days reading today’s finds is comforting n frustrating at the same time

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man that's terrible. Hope your recovery is fast. Good luck and get well soon.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Haven’t moved from hospital bed �� in 10 days reading today’s finds is comforting n frustrating at the same time

Plan. Scheme. You will detect again.

Recovery tip.
When you can leave the bed to pee again , (a big deal in progress ) get out of bed on the same side your tubes and stuff hanging on the wheeled support thingie are on.....
Otherwise by the time you get back in bed and struggle to get out the other side you'll be hurting enough to cuss.

Tip #2.
Just because the stuff you need to wheel around to go the bathroom was on one side of the bed last time , does not mean it will be on the same side this time.....:BangHead:

Do you have a trapeze handle above you to help shift your weight? Maybe not time for you , or your exact condition; but it can help some folks.

A partially paralyzed friend on his back again for yet another spell in the hospital was encouraged to list his goals.
When I visited , there were his goals posted on a whiteboard in his room.
The first was world peace...
The second (?) was to win the second floor limbo contest!

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

ConshyBoy

Sep 11, 2018
Conshohocken PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully getting transported to rehab facility today or tomorrow wanna start therapy ASAP had enough laying in hospital bed today is day 17 at Jefferson University Hospital in beautiful center city Philadelphia ugh miss all you guys on a regular basis really hoping my Detecting equipment survived the crash had just put it all in my truck that day HH

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Totally normal to be concerned about your "stuff". But your truck and detecting equipment can be more easily repaired or replaced than your health. The physical therapy may seem like torture, but is necessary for future movement. Prayers for you and hope you don't laugh too hard and hurt yourself reading what we write.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hopefully getting transported to rehab facility today or tomorrow wanna start therapy ASAP had enough laying in hospital bed today is day 17 at Jefferson University Hospital in beautiful center city Philadelphia ugh miss all you guys on a regular basis really hoping my Detecting equipment survived the crash had just put it all in my truck that day HH

Progress!
Stick with it.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010

I seriously can not imagine being in a hospital for more than even one overnight. Seventeen days would feel like a lifetime. Stay positive.

OP
OP
C

ConshyBoy

Sep 11, 2018
Conshohocken PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Totally normal to be concerned about your "stuff". But your truck and detecting equipment can be more easily repaired or replaced than your health. The physical therapy may seem like torture, but is necessary for future movement. Prayers for you and hope you don't laugh too hard and hurt yourself reading what we write.

Thanks for all your comments they are a big part of my recovery love all you guys there’s not a better group anywhere

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
I've had the displeasure of busted ribs and hip troubles, but separately. Together would be pure misery I'm sure. Long hospital stays are also good incentive for recovery as I spent nearly a month in one. It takes time to heal and even when healed you have to watch yourself as my ribs kept rebreaking. Prayer sent.

halfstep

May 11, 2010
I broke both ankles and my back in 03. I have 2 screws in my left ankle, 11 screws, 2 plates in my right ankle and it's fused. I have 4 screws, titanium cage in my back with my L1 fused to the one above and below and 1 less rib on my left side. So metal detecting is more difficult now. But it is doable. Your biggest challenge is when you have healed enough to start walking and doing simple things. Healing from the surgeries is challenging but what comes after is more challenging. Getting back to a normal as possible life takes a lot of work. It will take you a full year to get healed up. So take your time and start learning to think more about what and how to do things. Hopefully you will have a full recovery. Stay positive and look for better days to come.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He wanted me to update everyone he just got out of surgery all went well. Rehab next he says he needs a steak our tnet brother will be back in swinging soon long road for him.

Last edited:

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Conshyboy, Prayer is real and Prayer can change things. I will remember you tonight in my Prayers for a swift and Full Recovery. God's Speed.

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I won't pray, coz god doesn't exist, but I will genuinely and really hope the expertise of the doctors and your rest and hard work with physios etc goes super smoothly and you make a perfect recovery.

I can't even begin to imagine how painful that must have felt.

I've only ever broken my knuckle when I punched someone in self defense many years ago.....and I was doubled over in agony!!

A pelvis! oh my freaking hell!! I'd be crying ling a baby for a year!!

Best wishes buddy...I know you'll be fine!

Matt

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Conshyboy, Prayer is real and Prayer can change things. I will remember you tonight in my Prayers for a swift and Full Recovery. God's Speed.

Prayer won't help, God has nothing to do with it.

The guy that spent years of relentless studying to become a doctor/Neurosurgeon etc are the ones that help.....their many many years of studying their skill and knowledge is what help.

Plus, the poor guy that ended up in surgery....HIS dedication and hard work towards the physio therapy is what will help.

Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread