Just got done with doctors

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
Prayer won't help, God has nothing to do with it.

The guy that spent years of relentless studying to become a doctor/Neurosurgeon etc are the ones that help.....their many many years of studying their skill and knowledge is what help.

Plus, the poor guy that ended up in surgery....HIS dedication and hard work towards the physio therapy is what will help.

Matt

I remember hearing the Dalia Lama on a self help saying that he was not a prayer dependent guy. He continued to say that the physician/surgeon's educations and skills, was the Dalia Lama's desired need right then when he needed surgery. Did he mean to say that God wasn't "there?" I am not sure.

Prayers feel good until you have a loved one who oddly die in a not threatening procedure, due to piss-poor health care, even with tons of heavy prayers. I am a Christian. I still have a lot of questions.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Omg, I'm so sorry for you, my PRAYERS are SENT.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Reading some of the remaining posts, I'm very disappointed. GOD does exist, and I'm sorry if you choose to not believe. I'll never give up my faith! Period.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I remember hearing the Dalia Lama on a self help saying that he was not a prayer dependent guy. He continued to say that the physician/surgeon's educations and skills, was the Dalia Lama's desired need right then when he needed surgery. Did he mean to say that God wasn't "there?" I am not sure.

Prayers feel good until you have a loved one who oddly die in a not threatening procedure, due to piss-poor health care, even with tons of heavy prayers. I am a Christian. I still have a lot of questions.

Questions are no crime.
Are we granted free will ,and with it exposure to human interference in our well being?

Had a loved one die no thanks to the medical fields fumbles. That does not mean there is no God.

IF a Gods goal was to protect the approx. 7,714,576,923 people on earth by intervening in any interference of their well being by themselves or others....Free will would quite likely have to end.
And if you have "watched" even a small herd of children , the task of protecting them from themselves and others is quite a task. Multiplied by age , and being human.

Kids ask "why"? Adults too , but the learning by asking seems to favor the young.
As a father (of a very small brood) there comes a time as they age when "thanks" beats the heck out of why...

No contract exists as to who lives for any given amount of time. Or their quality of life. What does that mean in a dialog about theology? Or separate from theology and merely a dialog about life?

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I won't pray, coz god doesn't exist, but I will genuinely and really hope the expertise of the doctors and your rest and hard work with physios etc goes super smoothly and you make a perfect recovery.

I can't even begin to imagine how painful that must have felt.

I've only ever broken my knuckle when I punched someone in self defense many years ago.....and I was doubled over in agony!!

A pelvis! oh my freaking hell!! I'd be crying ling a baby for a year!!

Best wishes buddy...I know you'll be fine!

Matt

I'm sorry as I have to say something here and if this is out of line with the mods then please delete this.

I find it disgusting that the man is in the hospital asking for prayers and you give lectures on whether God exists and you turn around and mention hell. I rest my case.

Cassews

Dec 29, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett/White
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh my goodness ya all make my hair greyer than it is now .. Geesh stop hurting yourselves!!! Speedy Recovery and prayers to those who have hurt themselves in one way or another !!

dhog

Feb 26, 2018
SW Va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garett ace 400 AT PRO Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
God will help nothing else does just keep your trust in him. Praying

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm sorry as I have to say something here and if this is out of line
with the mods then please delete this.

I find it disgusting that the man is in the hospital asking for prayers and you give lectures on
whether God exists and you turn around and mention hell. I rest my case.

While I'm not a religious person, now, there was a time when I was very involved
with a particular Christian faith.

Swav, I didn't find Matt's comment disrespectful of Conshy...he spoke from
his heart. And yeah, he could have left out the "coz god doesn't exist" part,
but then Matt's an honest man. He wanted to send his "Best Wishes", but also
felt he needed to explain why he didn't send a prayer.

The older I get, I find myself being much slower to judge..as you know, we
all fall short.

Conshy: I did send up a prayer for your recovery, also sent some good karma
your way (can't hurt!). What I believe is irrelevant; you asked for prayers and
if there is a God I don't believe he hears prayers based on how often you attend
church.

Get well soon...there's dirt fishing to be done.. woot-035.gif

Last edited:

Stringtyer

Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a little late joining this conversation and I hope you are doing much better by now. Regardless, I will offer prayers for your continued improvement and full recovery.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread